Could I build my own package as a shared library?

Jerry C

Jan 19, 2011, 1:44:01 PM1/19/11
to golang-nuts
I am using the 6l and 6g from gccgo.

I need to build a number of applications/executables which vary in
certain aspects but all use a package I create.

I may need to update the common package sometimes and will make it
backward binary-compatible. Without dynamic linking, I will need to
rebuild all apps every time the common pkg changes.

Please share your practice or ideas.

Thanks a lot

Ian Lance Taylor

Jan 19, 2011, 3:45:23 PM1/19/11
to Jerry C, golang-nuts
Jerry C <zhig...@gmail.com> writes:

The compiler is fast. Rebuild the apps.

Go may support some sort of stable dynamic linking at some point, but
right now that is not even on the roadmap.

Ian

GreatOdinsRaven

Jan 19, 2011, 7:06:54 PM1/19/11
to golang-nuts
Some of the Go authors are, to put it mildly, not huge fans of dynamic
linking :-)

http://harmful.cat-v.org/software/dynamic-linking/