Go 1.10 Beta 1 is released

Andrew Bonventre

Dec 7, 2017, 6:44:07 PM12/7/17
to golan...@googlegroups.com
Hello gophers,

We have just released go1.10beta1, a beta version of Go 1.10.
It is cut from the master branch at the revision tagged go1.10beta1.

There are no known problems or regressions.
Please try running production load tests and your unit tests with the new version.
Your help testing these pre-release versions is invaluable.

Report any problems using the issue tracker:

If you have Go installed already, the easiest way to try go1.10beta1
is by using this tool:

You can download binary and source distributions from the usual place:

To find out what has changed in Go 1.10, read the draft release notes:

Documentation for Go 1.10 is available at:

Cheers,
Andy

Gabriel Aszalos

Dec 8, 2017, 6:51:07 AM12/8/17
to golang-nuts
> The grammar for method expressions has been updated to relax the syntax to allow any type expression as a receiver; this matches what the compilers were already implementing. For example, struct{io.Reader}.Read is a valid, if unusual, method expression that the compilers already accepted and is now permitted by the language grammar.

I am quite curious - what was the reasoning behind this change? Is there a thread or an issue anywhere that provides more context? Would love to understand the use cases for this and the problem being solved.

Ian Lance Taylor

Dec 8, 2017, 8:51:28 AM12/8/17
to Gabriel Aszalos, golang-nuts

Tamás Gulácsi

Dec 8, 2017, 10:14:06 AM12/8/17
to golang-nuts
2017. december 8., péntek 12:51:07 UTC+1 időpontban Gabriel Aszalos a következőt írta:
> The grammar for method expressions has been updated to relax the syntax to allow any type expression as a receiver; this matches what the compilers were already implementing. For example, struct{io.Reader}.Read is a valid, if unusual, method expression that the compilers already accepted and is now permitted by the language grammar.

I am quite curious - what was the reasoning behind this change? Is there a thread or an issue anywhere that provides more context? Would love to understand the use cases for this and the problem being solved.

Using struct {
  io.Reader
  io.Closer
}{r, ioutil.NopCloser(nil)}

as an io.ReadCloser where it is required.

Nate Finch

Dec 8, 2017, 12:30:58 PM12/8/17
to golang-nuts
"ResolveReference now preseves"

*preserves

amyn.s...@gmail.com

Dec 26, 2017, 10:23:01 AM12/26/17
to golang-nuts
Are there any restrictions on arch for go's plugin?

I am finding that both 1.9 and 1.10beta1 fail when attempting to open plugin (.so)  on arm64 chips/SOCs.  same code work fine on amd64.  OS is linux of course.

panic is coming from:
  src/runtime/plugin.go:21  - "runtime: no plugin module data".