Go 1.4 Release Candidate 2 is released

Andrew Gerrand

Dec 2, 2014, 1:32:23 AM12/2/14
to golang-nuts
Hi Go nuts,

We have just released go1.4rc2, the first release candidate for Go 1.4.
It is cut from release-branch.go1.4 at the revision tagged go1.4rc2.

Please help us by testing your Go programs with the release, and report any problems using the issue tracker:

You can download binary and source distributions from the usual place:

To find out what has changed in Go 1.4, read the release notes:

Documentation for Go 1.4 is available at:

Our goal is to release the final version of Go 1.4 during the week of December 8, 2014. (We slipped by a week, while tracking down the fix for an elusive race condition in the runtime.)

Andrew

Gyu-Ho Lee

Dec 2, 2014, 1:41:50 AM12/2/14
to golan...@googlegroups.com
Thank you!

Qian Qiao

Dec 2, 2014, 2:13:52 AM12/2/14
to Andrew Gerrand, golang-nuts
On Tue Dec 02 2014 at 1:32:17 AM Andrew Gerrand <a...@golang.org> wrote:
Hi Go nuts,

We have just released go1.4rc2, the first release candidate for Go 1.4.
It is cut from release-branch.go1.4 at the revision tagged go1.4rc2.

s/first/second/

Please help us by testing your Go programs with the release, and report any problems using the issue tracker:

You can download binary and source distributions from the usual place:

To find out what has changed in Go 1.4, read the release notes:

Documentation for Go 1.4 is available at:

Our goal is to release the final version of Go 1.4 during the week of December 8, 2014. (We slipped by a week, while tracking down the fix for an elusive race condition in the runtime.)

Andrew

Been running tip for a while, so far so good. Thank you for the hard work.

-- Joe

hufen...@gmail.com

Dec 2, 2014, 6:35:24 AM12/2/14
to golan...@googlegroups.com
Nice big step

Andrew Gerrand於 2014年12月2日星期二UTC+8下午2時32分23秒寫道:

atd...@gmail.com

Dec 2, 2014, 7:02:59 AM12/2/14
to golan...@googlegroups.com
Thx.

Gon Yi

Dec 2, 2014, 10:17:02 AM12/2/14
to golan...@googlegroups.com
Great! Thank you!

When are you expect stable 1.4?

Thank you

atd...@gmail.com

Dec 2, 2014, 10:35:09 AM12/2/14
to golan...@googlegroups.com
You missed the last sentence ;)

Our goal is to release the final version of Go 1.4 during the week of December 8, 2014. (We slipped by a week, while tracking down the fix for an elusive race condition in the runtime.)

Aaron Cannon

Dec 2, 2014, 10:54:14 AM12/2/14
to golan...@googlegroups.com
On 12/2/14, Qian Qiao <qian...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue Dec 02 2014 at 1:32:17 AM Andrew Gerrand <a...@golang.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi Go nuts,
>>
>> We have just released go1.4rc2, the first release candidate for Go 1.4.

> s/first/second/

Perhaps it's the second first release candidate. :)

Regardless, congrats and a sincere thanks to all involved.

Aaron

Gon Yi

Dec 2, 2014, 11:30:31 AM12/2/14
to golan...@googlegroups.com
Oh! Thank you :)

lab...@linux.vnet.ibm.com

Dec 4, 2014, 9:25:01 AM12/4/14
to golan...@googlegroups.com
Can I get more detail on what this means with respect to the changes in go1.4?

The behavior of the go build subcommand's -a flag has been changed for non-development installations. For installations running a released distribution, the -a flag will no longer rebuild the standard library and commands, to avoid overwriting the installation's files.

- Previous documentation stated that 'go build -a' only did a rebuild but did not install the newly built packages, so what files in the installation would be overwritten?
- Does this mean that in go1.4 there is no longer the requirement for a non-development installation to have the source available for the packages in the standard library?