Go 1.1 Release Candidate 3 is released

Andrew Gerrand

May 8, 2013, 8:58:06 PM5/8/13
to golang-nuts
Hi Go nuts,

We have just released go1.1rc3, the best release candidate for Go 1.1 yet. This release candidate should be stable and production-ready. Barring any serious issues, this should be the final release candidate.

Please help us by testing your Go programs with the new tool chain and libraries, and report any problems using the issue tracker:
    http://golang.org/issue/new

You can download binary and source distributions from the usual place:
    https://code.google.com/p/go/downloads/list?q=go1.1rc3

To compile from source, update to the go1.1rc3 tag with "hg update go1.1rc3" and build as usual.

To find out what has changed, read the release notes for Go 1.1:
    http://tip.golang.org/doc/go1.1.html

Documentation for Go 1.1 is available at http://tip.golang.org/

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to the release so far.

Andrew

dlin

May 9, 2013, 12:05:41 AM5/9/13
to golan...@googlegroups.com
I just update yesterday, is there any serious bug?

Andrew Gerrand

May 9, 2013, 12:22:43 AM5/9/13
to dlin, golang-nuts

Not really, no.

Brad Fitzpatrick

May 9, 2013, 2:16:30 PM5/9/13
to Andrew Gerrand, golang-nuts
Nuts,

It's looking like this will be the last rc3 and this will become Go 1.1.

If you've been delaying testing your code with Go 1.1, please don't.  You now only have a few days to tell us whether we broke you.

steve wang

May 9, 2013, 2:26:42 PM5/9/13
to golan...@googlegroups.com
There are still a few issues[1] unfixed which are labeled Go1.1.
Are they to be postponed until after Go1.1?

Brad Fitzpatrick

May 9, 2013, 2:30:07 PM5/9/13
to steve wang, golang-nuts
gccgo is on its own schedule.  That leaves a documentation request which is unimportant (it can go in whenever) and https://code.google.com/p/go/issues/detail?id=5106 which seems to not be critical and have a workaround.

So yes, nothing known and important remains.

Brendan Tracey

May 9, 2013, 2:40:00 PM5/9/13
to golan...@googlegroups.com, steve wang
I assume you knew this, but the package installer for OSX seems to be fixed. I was not successful on RC1, but am on RC3

Andrew Gerrand

May 9, 2013, 2:41:33 PM5/9/13
to Brendan Tracey, golang-nuts, steve wang

On 9 May 2013 11:40, Brendan Tracey <tracey....@gmail.com> wrote:
I assume you knew this, but the package installer for OSX seems to be fixed.

I had hoped it was fixed, but it is nice to have confirmation. Thanks! :-)