Solaris maintainer(s)

Brad Fitzpatrick

Apr 2, 2019, 12:59:03 PM4/2/19
to golang-dev
Who's currently maintaining the Solaris port / builders?

David Riley

Apr 2, 2019, 10:35:27 PM4/2/19
to Brad Fitzpatrick, golang-dev
> On Apr 2, 2019, at 12:58 PM, Brad Fitzpatrick <brad...@golang.org> wrote:
>
> Who's currently maintaining the Solaris port / builders?

This is relevant to my interests, as I'd love to see an officially supported Solaris/SPARC gc sometime. I understand Solaris 10 is probably out of the running (ah, well), but I have 11 machines as well that could use some support. Would be glad to help maintain if I get some spare cycles.

- Dave

Aram Hăvărneanu

Apr 5, 2019, 6:20:44 AM4/5/19
to Brad Fitzpatrick, golang-dev
I maintain the Solaris port, but I have no idea who's maintaining the builders.

--
Aram Hăvărneanu

Aram Hăvărneanu

Apr 5, 2019, 6:22:17 AM4/5/19
to David Riley, Brad Fitzpatrick, golang-dev
The solaris/sparc64 port for some version of Go between 1.7 and 1.8
was more or less completed, but for various reason it was never
integrated upstream. It currently ships with Solaris. I may or may not
bring it up to date and upstream it.

--
Aram Hăvărneanu

David Riley

Apr 5, 2019, 10:33:51 AM4/5/19
to Aram Hăvărneanu, Brad Fitzpatrick, golang-dev
If there's anything I can do to help, I'll be glad to try; if nothing else, I can contribute some build/test services from a reasonably well-loaded T5250.

- Dave

David Riley

Feb 13, 2020, 9:14:32 AM2/13/20
to Aram Hăvărneanu, golang-dev
Reviving this discussion, since I have some spare cycles: can you point me to the most up-to-date port sources? I'd like to have a go (ha ha) at updating to 1.14 with an aim toward maybe getting it in mainstream for 1.15.

- Dave

David Riley

Feb 20, 2020, 9:12:32 AM2/20/20
to Aram Hăvărneanu, golang-dev
Is there anyone who knows where this existing code might live? Or would it be better to start from scratch and try to crossbreed the Solaris/amd64 and Linux/SPARC[64] targets?

- Dave

Alberto Donizetti

Feb 20, 2020, 9:21:05 AM2/20/20
to David Riley, Aram Hăvărneanu, golang-dev
Aram's github username is 4ad, and I believe (not 100% sure) that the
repository you're looking for is at https://github.com/4ad/go

Alberto

Aram Hăvărneanu

Feb 20, 2020, 9:21:42 AM2/20/20
to Alberto Donizetti, David Riley, golang-dev
That is correct.

--
Aram Hăvărneanu

David Riley

Feb 20, 2020, 9:40:18 PM2/20/20
to Aram Hăvărneanu, Alberto Donizetti, golang-dev
Thanks, all!