possible dead code after C elimination: LSym.cfunc, morestackc, stackguard1?

Michael Hudson-Doyle

Feb 12, 2015, 6:23:08 PM2/12/15
to golang-dev
Hi,

I realize it's probably not the time to fix this now, but I was reading
the linker source and found a comment which lead me to check and find
that it seems the cfunc field on LSym is never set in current code,
which also means that there are no references to morestackc or the
stackguard1 field on g. Have I missed something, or can all this code
be ripped out? (After the c2go stuff has landed, presumably).

Cheers,
mwh

minux

Feb 12, 2015, 6:29:54 PM2/12/15
to Michael Hudson-Doyle, golang-dev

FWIW, I tried to remove stackguard1 in CL 2144, but Russ reverted my CL later.

Russ Cox

Feb 13, 2015, 5:05:32 PM2/13/15
to Michael Hudson-Doyle, golang-dev
It's not used today but I intend to start using it, to mark certain runtime functions as "must run on g0 stack".

Russ

Michael Hudson-Doyle

Feb 13, 2015, 8:41:51 PM2/13/15
to Russ Cox, golang-dev
Ah, cool, so s/cfunc/g0func/ or similar. Thanks for the clarification.

Cheers,
mwh