Go 1.6 net/http won't work with GO15VENDOREXPERIMENT=0

Caleb Spare

Jan 14, 2016, 5:22:33 PM1/14/16
to golang-dev
Hey folks, I was trying to run some tests with Go 1.6 and I ran into
an issue that I haven't seen discussed.

We have some "old-style" vendored code where the imports are rewritten
like "github.com/a/b/vendor/github.com/c/d". Because this is
incompatible with the now-default vendoring scheme in the Go tool, I
tried to work around it temporarily by using GO15VENDOREXPERIMENT=0.

This makes the code fail to compile because net/http imports http2 via
the vendoring mechanism.

I thought the idea is that GO15VENDOREXPERIMENT is opt-in in 1.5,
opt-out in 1.6, and gone in 1.7, but if the stdlib depends on
vendoring, then it's not really opt-out in 1.6. Am I missing
something?

-Caleb

Brad Fitzpatrick

Jan 14, 2016, 6:54:04 PM1/14/16
to Caleb Spare, golang-dev

Please file a bug.

The go tool should probably force enable it for the standard library.

Caleb Spare

Jan 14, 2016, 7:18:52 PM1/14/16
to Brad Fitzpatrick, golang-dev
See golang.org/issue/13961. Thanks Brad.