Go Meetup mid-March?

Andrew Gerrand

Feb 23, 2011, 11:10:07 PM2/23/11
to golang-au, Kees Varekamp
Hi Go users!

Anyone keen to have another Go User Group meeting for mid-March?

Kees Varekamp writes Go code at work; his company that produces Market
Research software. He is interested in presenting for us while
visiting from New Zealand.

Would anyone else care to share their Go experiences? I can also
prepare something if anyone has a specific topic of interest.

We could do it at Google or at some other venue. I am open to
suggestions, but if all else fails I can get space at Google.

Andrew

On 7 February 2011 14:26, Kees Varekamp <kees.v...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
> I'm going to a market research conference in Melbourne at 20-22 March. best
> for me would be the week before, for example Friday 18 March.
> Cheers,
> Kees

Gary Miller

Feb 23, 2011, 11:20:30 PM2/23/11
to gola...@googlegroups.com
I'm in. At Google is good for me.

Regards
Gary

Dave Cheney

Feb 23, 2011, 11:23:53 PM2/23/11
to gola...@googlegroups.com
Yes please! Providing it isn't a Wednesday, I can volunteer space at Atlassian.

Dave

Andrew Gerrand

Feb 23, 2011, 11:40:10 PM2/23/11
to gola...@googlegroups.com, Kees
On 24 February 2011 15:23, Dave Cheney <da...@cheney.net> wrote:
> Yes please! Providing it isn't a Wednesday, I can volunteer space at Atlassian.

That would be cool. My interest in hosting elsewhere is not because
Google can't spare the space, but because I'd prefer our group to not
be independent of any big company.

Perhaps Thursday the 17th of March? I can have Google sponsor food and
drink if Atlassian supplies the space (although Atlassian's beer
fridge is legendary).

Andrew

John Barham

Feb 24, 2011, 1:55:27 AM2/24/11
to gola...@googlegroups.com
> Would anyone else care to share their Go experiences?

I'm in Adelaide, but would consider scheduling a trip to Sydney to
coincide w/ a Go user group meeting. If I could make it, I could talk
about my experience writing a cgo Go wrapper for PostgreSQL
(https://github.com/jbarham/pgsql.go) and I'm also working on a larger
project exposing a bunch of Amazon Web Services (e.g., S3, SQS,
SimpleDB) to Go (http://code.google.com/p/goaws/). Anyway, I'd need a
few days to determine whether I could make it out to Sydney for
mid-March.

John

P.S. It may be a long-shot but are there any other Go fans here in
Adelaide? If so, contact me as I'd love to talk shop in this Ada
dominated town! ;)

Dave Cheney

Feb 24, 2011, 7:25:19 PM2/24/11
to gola...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andrew,

17 March is taken, as is the 18th following it. How about the week after ?

Cheers

Dave

Andrew Gerrand

Feb 24, 2011, 7:28:20 PM2/24/11
to gola...@googlegroups.com, Dave Cheney
How about early in the next week? Monday the 21st?

Kees

Feb 28, 2011, 5:27:50 AM2/28/11
to Goannas
I'm in Melbourne from 20 to 22 March :-( . After that would work for
me too tho.

Kees

On Feb 25, 1:28 pm, Andrew Gerrand <a...@google.com> wrote:
> How about early in the next week? Monday the 21st?
>
> On 25 February 2011 11:25, Dave Cheney <d...@cheney.net> wrote:
>

> > Hi Andrew,
>
> > 17 March is taken, as is the 18th following it. How about the week after ?
>
> > Cheers
>
> > Dave

Andrew Gerrand

Feb 28, 2011, 10:25:17 PM2/28/11
to gola...@googlegroups.com, Kees, Dave Cheney
On 28 February 2011 21:27, Kees <kees.v...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm in Melbourne from 20 to 22 March :-( . After that would work for
> me too tho.

That's a bugger. Do you have any plans to return to Australia in the
next couple of months?

We have a space secured for the Monday, which works for me. Maybe Dave
can change it to the following Thursday? I don't want to put him
through the run-around if we can have you in a future meeting.

Andrew

Kees Varekamp

Feb 28, 2011, 11:57:10 PM2/28/11
to Andrew Gerrand, gola...@googlegroups.com, Dave Cheney
I'll be in Sydney on wed 23 and thu 24 March. No other visits planned yet...

Would be cool if we can make it Thursday!

Kees

Andrew Gerrand

Mar 1, 2011, 12:08:46 AM3/1/11
to Kees Varekamp, gola...@googlegroups.com, Dave Cheney
On 1 March 2011 15:57, Kees Varekamp <kees.v...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'll be in Sydney on wed 23 and thu 24 March. No other visits planned yet...
> Would be cool if we can make it Thursday!

Alright, Thursday it is. I shall update the site and send out invitations.