windows release build

Ben Campbell

Dec 10, 2014, 4:28:20 PM12/10/14
to go-...@googlegroups.com
Does anyone know how I can link the windows build of my go-qml program against the release version of Qt rather than the humongous big debug DLLs?
I'm getting a bit embarrassed at making my users (ok, user) to download a new 200MB zipfile each time I make a change to my app.

I suspect that this is more of a CGO question than a go-qml one, but hey :-)

Thanks!

Adriano Soares

Dec 12, 2014, 6:44:19 AM12/12/14
to go-...@googlegroups.com
The debug libraries are hardcoded on pkg-config files.

Ex: C:\Qt\Qt5.3.2\5.3\mingw482_32\lib\pkgconfig\Qt5Core.pc
Libs: -L${libdir} -lQt5Cored

Removing the d from all relevant libs should be enough.

Ben Campbell

Dec 15, 2014, 2:28:05 AM12/15/14
to go-...@googlegroups.com
On Saturday, December 13, 2014 12:44:19 AM UTC+13, Adriano Soares wrote:
The debug libraries are hardcoded on pkg-config files.

Ex: C:\Qt\Qt5.3.2\5.3\mingw482_32\lib\pkgconfig\Qt5Core.pc
Libs: -L${libdir} -lQt5Cored

Thanks Adriano!
For reference, this seems to be a known issue:

I think I shall make up a script to go through the qt pkgconfig dir and create both release and debug variants - eg Qt5Core.pc (for release) and Qt5Cored.pc (for debug).
Will post back here if I have any success :-)

Gustavo Niemeyer

Jan 6, 2015, 11:27:16 AM1/6/15
to Ben Campbell, go-...@googlegroups.com
Hey Ben,

Did that work well?  What's the size of your zip package now, out of curiosity?