Build from multiple GIT branches

Jens Rantil

Jun 17, 2014, 5:49:13 AM6/17/14
to go...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Can I configure Go to build from multiple Git branches from a remote? I am not interested in manually setting up a pipeline for every new branch. This would make it possible to execute tests etc. against multiple branches, for examle pull requests on Github.

Thanks,
Jens

Aravind SV

Jun 18, 2014, 12:10:10 AM6/18/14
to Jens Rantil, go...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 3:19 PM, Jens Rantil <jens....@gmail.com> wrote:
Can I configure Go to build from multiple Git branches from a remote? I am not interested in manually setting up a pipeline for every new branch. This would make it possible to execute tests etc. against multiple branches, for examle pull requests on Github.

No, it's not possible (I hesitate to say, "yet"). It would be useful, especially for pull-requests, definitely.

Jens Rantil

Jun 25, 2014, 8:24:09 AM6/25/14
to go...@googlegroups.com, jens....@gmail.com
Hi again,

Late follow-up - sorry for that.

Is there any place I could file an issue for this to be discussed? Github issue?

Cheers,
Jens

Aravind SV

Jun 25, 2014, 9:39:43 AM6/25/14
to Jens Rantil, go...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jens,

You could file an issue in Github, for sure. But, I think there will be a better discussion on the mailing lists, instead. Do you think this thread, started by Ken, is a good starting point for you to add to? I think there are some decisions that need to be taken, about how fan-in will work with this, etc.

Thanks,
Aravind

Jens Rantil

Jun 25, 2014, 9:49:03 AM6/25/14
to go...@googlegroups.com, jens....@gmail.com
Aravind,

Thanks for quick response. I created an issue on Github here and pinged the thread you refered to.

Cheers,
Jens