bitmaps of rotated boards

Urban Koistinen

Mar 1, 1995, 3:32:35 PM3/1/95
I have written a make_move routine that take advantage of
the rotated bitmaps Robert Hyatt mentioned and for those who
want to read it I have uploaded it to chess.netcom.net
under /pub/chess/uploads/projects/epi/epi950301.zip but it
might be moved to /pub/chess/projects/epi/epi950301.zip soon.

Urban Koistinen - e...@algonet.se

Joe Stella

Mar 2, 1995, 3:04:15 AM3/2/95
In article <3j2ll3$p...@aristotle.algonet.se>
e...@algonet.se (Urban Koistinen) writes:

>I have written a make_move routine that take advantage of
>the rotated bitmaps Robert Hyatt mentioned and for those who
>want to read it I have uploaded it to chess.netcom.net
>under /pub/chess/uploads/projects/epi/epi950301.zip but it
>might be moved to /pub/chess/projects/epi/epi950301.zip soon.

Are you sure chess.netcom.net is correct? I can't ftp to there...

Joe S.

Urban Koistinen

Mar 3, 1995, 5:28:02 PM3/3/95
I got rid of most bugs earlier than expected.

Copy data and make Qe4 move from initial position.
Machine operations done times/s
25MHz 486SX 15K/s
20MHz sparc 48K/s

There is source to be gotten at chess.onenet.net,
in /pub/chess/uploads/projects/epi950303.zip
pub/chess/uploads/projects/epi950303.zip
or /pub/chess/projects/epi950303.zip
Urban Koistinen - e...@algonet.se