How to Forward multiple messages to a specified recipient(s), in one effort

BR

Feb 2, 2012, 10:30:07 PM2/2/12
to Gmail-Users

So, f'rinstance, i can "check" five messages, and send all of 'em to
my sweetheart, at once (just as I might dump five to Trash, at once)..

Is there already a way to do this, that I'm overlooking?

.

Zack (Doc)

Feb 3, 2012, 2:31:03 PM2/3/12
to gmail...@googlegroups.com
Not within the webgui there isn't.  But with POP or IMAP you could use an offline mail reader to do that such as Outlook or Thunderbird.  Technically, those programs are really just generating a completely brand new message and putting the ones you're talking about as attachments.

Brian Raila

Feb 6, 2012, 11:37:01 AM2/6/12
to gmail...@googlegroups.com, Brian Raila

Thank you, Zack.

I am trying to penetrate Gmail GUI designers with the friendly suggestion to improve their product by including this capability.  Is there a better way to get this "on the table" for their lunchtime discussions?

- BR

--
         teaZe text:

       You say potāto,
        and I say potăto.
        You say tomāto,
Dan Quayle says tomatoe

          410 710-0633
        teaZeshirts.com

Zack (Doc)

Feb 6, 2012, 7:41:04 PM2/6/12
to gmail...@googlegroups.com
The only way to get it to actual Google employees that I know of is through the suggest a feature in the help menus.  I haven't used it lately, so I couldn't tell you exactly how to get to it.

Brian Raila

Feb 6, 2012, 11:05:58 PM2/6/12
to gmail...@googlegroups.com

Thank you, Zack.

Done.  You told me exactly how to do it.

- BR

Sarah

Feb 9, 2012, 10:43:11 AM2/9/12
to gmail...@googlegroups.com

If you go to gmail's "suggest a feature" (link below) you will find that 'forward multiple messages' is already on the list, under heading "helpful additions"; and you can just click the "suggest it" button to add your vote.
http://support.google.com/mail/bin/static.py?hl=en&page=suggestions.cs

Dean Boltman

Feb 27, 2012, 1:38:26 AM2/27/12
to gmail...@googlegroups.com
Yes, this functionality on the browser view would be wonderful!