[ANN]: JavaMelody plugin 1.0.0

James Moger

Jun 30, 2014, 9:23:12 AM6/30/14
to git...@googlegroups.com
About...

JavaMelody is a tool to monitor Java or Java EE application servers in QA and production environments. It is not a tool to simulate requests from users, it is a tool to measure and calculate statistics on real operation of an application depending on the usage of the application by users.

This plugin collects details of your running Gitblit instance, generates reports, and allows some basic JVM runtime management.  Installation instructions are in the README.md of the plugin repository, but it can be quickly installed via the Gitblit SSH command interface:

    ssh host plugin refresh
    ssh host plugin install javamelody

This plugin was originally authored by David Ostrovsky and is maintained by gitblit.com.

Requires Gitblit 1.6.0 or later.

-J

David Ostrovsky

Jul 1, 2014, 7:06:28 AM7/1/14
to git...@googlegroups.com, cbo...@sapwetik.org

Am Montag, 30. Juni 2014 15:23:12 UTC+2 schrieb James Moger:
About...

JavaMelody is a tool to monitor Java or Java EE application servers in QA and production environments. It is not a tool to simulate requests from users, it is a tool to measure and calculate statistics on real operation of an application depending on the usage of the application by users.

This plugin collects details of your running Gitblit instance, generates reports, and allows some basic JVM runtime management.  Installation instructions are in the README.md of the plugin repository, but it can be quickly installed via the Gitblit SSH command interface:

    ssh host plugin refresh
    ssh host plugin install javamelody

This plugin was originally authored by David Ostrovsky and is maintained by gitblit.com.

Thanks James for finalizing the implementation.  I would like to thank Clark Boylan,
from OpenStack project, the original author of Javamelody extension [1] for Gerrit Code Review.
Javamelody plugin for Gerrit [2] (and GitBlit) is based on his work.

stephan....@googlemail.com

Sep 8, 2015, 2:58:16 AM9/8/15
to gitblit
Hello James Moger,

I tested the plugin successfully yesterday. It shall be of good help at a given time.

Unfortunately there is no binary file provided at the repository. The archive files for version 1.0.0 at https://github.com/gitblit/gitblit-javamelody-plugin/releases are source files that cannot be used 'as is' and put into folder GITBLIT_DATA_HOME/plugins like advised at the README, header "Installation": "Alternatively, you can download the zip and manually copy it to your ${baseFolder}/plugins directory."

Anyway, building the source went without problems and I am using the resulting ZIP.

For the future it would be better to provide build artifacts at the "release" tab in the GitHub Page.

Kind regards!

Stephan Krull

James Moger

Sep 8, 2015, 9:41:49 AM9/8/15
to git...@googlegroups.com
Hi Stephen,

Perhaps you didn't find the plugin registry?
http://gitblit.github.io/gitblit-registry/

-J

Stephan Krull

Sep 9, 2015, 1:49:41 AM9/9/15
to git...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, I did not search on the projects home page.

Kind regards
Stephan