annotate("segment", ...) doesn't work

Victor Kryukov

Sep 16, 2013, 1:52:10 PM9/16/13
to ggp...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm not sure if cross-posting from SO to here is a good idea, but I will try anyway - please let me know if it's discouraged/frowned upon.

I couldn't make annotate("segment", ...) work, while geom_segment(...) works fine. I've posted my detailed question on SO[1], but since it's a likely to be a very niche topic, haven't gotten any response yet.

Seems like a bug to me, but may be I misunderstand how annotate is suppose to work. Any pointers would be appreciated.

Regards,
Victor

Ista Zahn

Sep 16, 2013, 3:11:28 PM9/16/13
to Victor Kryukov, ggplot2
Looks like a bug to me.

Best,
Ista
> --
> --
>
> ---
> "ggplot2" group.
> email to ggplot2+u...@googlegroups.com.

Victor Kryukov

Sep 16, 2013, 4:12:11 PM9/16/13
to ggp...@googlegroups.com, Victor Kryukov
Thanks Ista. I've submitted a ticket: https://github.com/hadley/ggplot2/issues/859

Brian Diggs

Sep 16, 2013, 4:43:39 PM9/16/13
to Ista Zahn, Victor Kryukov, ggplot2

Patch submitted: https://github.com/hadley/ggplot2/pull/860

> On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 1:52 PM, Victor Kryukov
> <victor.kryukov-Re5...@public.gmane.org> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm not sure if cross-posting from SO to here is a good idea, but I will try
>> anyway - please let me know if it's discouraged/frowned upon.
>>
>> I couldn't make annotate("segment", ...) work, while geom_segment(...) works
>> fine. I've posted my detailed question on SO[1], but since it's a likely to
>> be a very niche topic, haven't gotten any response yet.
>>
>> Seems like a bug to me, but may be I misunderstand how annotate is suppose
>> to work. Any pointers would be appreciated.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Victor
>>

>> [1]
>> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18796386/how-to-use-ggplot2s-annotate-with-dates-in-x-axis
>>
>> --
>> --

>> More options: http://groups.google.com/group/ggplot2
>>
>> ---
>> "ggplot2" group.

Brian S. Diggs, PhD
Senior Research Associate, Department of Surgery
Oregon Health & Science University