Congressional Ctte "Geoengineering I - Assessing the Implications of Large-Scale Climate Intervention" on YouTube

Andrew Lockley

Dec 7, 2012, 11:52:16 PM12/7/12
to geoengineering

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lo3CpJhlyWU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Congressional Ctte "Geoengineering I - Assessing the Implications of Large-Scale Climate Intervention" on YouTube

Russell Seitz

Dec 8, 2012, 1:45:38 PM12/8/12
to geoengi...@googlegroups.com
This is three years old !

rongre...@comcast.net

Dec 8, 2012, 6:14:11 PM12/8/12
to russel...@gmail.com, geoengi...@googlegroups.com
Russell and list:

    Perhaps your comment was meant to wonder why we are being told of this three years later by Andrew.   In Andrew's defense, let me note several other factors:

    a.  This (Nov. 5, 2009) was just put up a few days ago by a Mr. Jim Lee.

    b.   Looking at this will lead  you to two more hearing videos at the same Committee in the 2010 time period  (February 04 and March 18, 2010).  Several members of this list gave testimony.

    c.   We may not see any other hearings for 2 more years - as the three earlier ones were held in a Democratic House.  (There was one similar hearing in the Democratic -controlled Senate last August.)   Perhaps if we talked more about the value of Congressional Hearings (I think they are valuable - but am biased because I worked for this Committee at one time) we might see one sooner.  I don't believe this list has discussed these hearings.

   d.  I listened only to a bit of each witness, but think there was nothing on albedo modification and of course nothing on "bright water"..  More important to my own interests, I rarely heard the words "carbon dioxide removal" (CDR), and nothing on the topic of biochar.  (Can anyone point me to that topic in any legislative hearings?)

  e.  As I followed this thread,  I learned that Mr.  Jim Lee is clearly opposed to geoengineering.  I could find no comments by him on biochar, but he endorsed work by E.T.C. -  which group has been opposed to biochar (relying only on the "research" by one other group.   I am sorry to report that Mr. Lee is apt to be quite active and influential in opposing all parts of geoengineering.  He has a big site.

Ron