Re: [help] Protogeni inaccessible

Sarah Edwards

Aug 8, 2014, 10:35:42 AM8/8/14
to geni-...@googlegroups.com, Sarah Edwards, Kaiqi Xiong, Minseok Kwon, SUJAYYENDHIREN RAMARAO SRINIVASAMURTHI (RIT Student)

Please see the following thread for details, but it sounds like:

Sujay is using an Emulab user account with the Flack tool available a protogeni.net.

Sujay couldn't log in and tried creating a new SSL cert.  He still can't log in to protogeni.net.  Perhaps there was an issue with resetting his SSL cert?  An issue with logging in?  An more general issue with Emulab account?

If anyone has any guidance, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Sarah

On Aug 7, 2014, at 5:38 PM, "SUJAYYENDHIREN RAMARAO SRINIVASAMURTHI (RIT Student)" <sxr...@rit.edu> wrote:

Hello Sarah

(i) Sliver information is as follows and i got expiry message just now, so i understand that it is alive for a day more.
(ii) I use protogeni.net. It is not logging in after the key and passphrase are entered.
(iii) I tried getting a new key from emulab too, it didnot work with that. Since i had deadlines to meet I went to my friend Muffadal, he is Prof.Kaiqi's student, even he could not login into his account.
(iv) I havent taken the backup of some of the new work. Hope the issue is resolved soon.

Information about slice:

Sliver urn:publicid:IDN+emulab.net+
sliver+198353
from slice urn:publicid:IDN+emulab.net+slice+finalStats,
is going to expire in approximately 24 hours.

Sujay

On Thu, Aug 7, 2014 at 9:33 AM, Sarah Edwards <sedw...@bbn.com> wrote:
Hi Sujay,

I'm sorry you are having trouble.

Can you provide us some information to help us debug the problem:
 1) What type of account are you using?  A GENI Portal account (accessed via https://portal.geni.net)?  An Emulab account?  Something else?
 2) What tools are you using?  Flack? omni? Portal?
 3) What error messages are you seeing?  Is it possible your resources expired? (Perhaps include a screenshot or two of what you are seeing.)
 4) What's the name of the slice and aggregate you are using?

Thanks,
Sarah

On Aug 6, 2014, at 7:58 PM, "SUJAYYENDHIREN RAMARAO SRINIVASAMURTHI (RIT Student)" <sxr...@rit.edu> wrote:

Good day
In addition to the previous mail, I wish to inform GENI that i used protogeni all this weekend upto Monday. I had resources allocated upto today. I am not able to ssh the resources as well.
Thanks
Sujay

On Wed, Aug 6, 2014 at 6:58 PM, SUJAYYENDHIREN RAMARAO SRINIVASAMURTHI (RIT Student) <sxr...@rit.edu> wrote:
Good day

Protogeni is not accessible this evening. I did try creating a new SSL key too. But it doesnt seem to be accessible. I also tried switching to stable version but with the same result.

I also asked a student friend of mine to access his account but he hasnot been able to login as well.

Any quick help is appreciated.

Thanks
Sujay

Sarah Edwards
GENI Project Office

BBN Technologies
Cambridge, MA
phone:    (617) 873-2329
email:    sedw...@bbn.com

Sarah Edwards
GENI Project Office

BBN Technologies
Cambridge, MA
phone:    (617) 873-2329
email:    sedw...@bbn.com

Leigh Stoller

Aug 8, 2014, 10:44:04 AM8/8/14
to geni-...@googlegroups.com, Sarah Edwards, Kaiqi Xiong, Minseok Kwon, SUJAYYENDHIREN RAMARAO SRINIVASAMURTHI (RIT Student)
> Sujay couldn't log in and tried creating a new SSL cert. He still can't log in to protogeni.net

Note that SSL certs are not used to log into your nodes … You use ssh.

Leigh

Sarah Edwards

Aug 8, 2014, 10:46:19 AM8/8/14
I understood him to say he couldn't log in to the Flack at protogeni.net, but I could have been mistaken. Sujay, could you confirm?

On Aug 8, 2014, at 10:44 AM, Leigh Stoller <lbst...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Sujay couldn't log in and tried creating a new SSL cert. He still can't log in to protogeni.net
>
> Note that SSL certs are not used to log into your nodes ... You use ssh.
>
> Leigh

Leigh Stoller

Aug 8, 2014, 10:51:29 AM8/8/14
to geni-...@googlegroups.com, Sarah Edwards, Kaiqi Xiong, Minseok Kwon, SUJAYYENDHIREN RAMARAO SRINIVASAMURTHI (RIT Student)
> I understood him to say he couldn't log in to the Flack at protogeni.net, but I could have been mistaken. Sujay, could you confirm?

Ah sorry, got messages confused ...

Leigh

sujay...@gmail.com

Aug 8, 2014, 11:49:04 AM8/8/14
to geni-...@googlegroups.com, sedw...@bbn.com, kxx...@rit.edu, mxk...@rit.edu, sxr...@rit.edu
There are two things:
(i) I couldnot login to protogeni.
(ii) My ssh connection to resources also did not work.

(To give a background about me. I have been using protogeni for over 1year and six months)

Sarah Edwards

Aug 12, 2014, 10:18:11 AM8/12/14
to geni-...@googlegroups.com, Sarah Edwards, kxx...@rit.edu, mxk...@rit.edu, sxr...@rit.edu
Hi InstaGENI,

Does anyone have any idea what the issue with Sujay's account is?

Thanks,
Sarah

Leigh Stoller

Aug 12, 2014, 10:45:33 AM8/12/14
to geni-...@googlegroups.com, Sarah Edwards, kxx...@rit.edu, mxk...@rit.edu, sxr...@rit.edu
> Does anyone have any idea what the issue with Sujay's account is?

Sorry, I do not. I checked his Emulab account in Utah, looks fine. The
certificate looks good too. Is it possible that you are still using the
old certificate in your browser? Did you tell Flack to reload your
certificate when you started it?

Leigh

Sarah Edwards

Aug 14, 2014, 9:49:37 AM8/14/14
to geni-...@googlegroups.com, Sarah Edwards, kxx...@rit.edu, mxk...@rit.edu, sxr...@rit.edu
Sujay,

We also have a video of how to log into Flack using an Emulab account.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XF6wyNu1BE

Are these the steps you are following?

Sarah

SUJAYYENDHIREN RAMARAO SRINIVASAMURTHI (RIT Student)

Aug 18, 2014, 6:44:18 PM8/18/14
to Sarah Edwards, geni-...@googlegroups.com, Kaiqi Xiong, Minseok Kwon
Hello Sarah
I appreciate the followup. I am sorry for late response as I have been terribly occupied with official release and other activities.

 I wish to bring to your notice a few important points including the attached screenshot:

(i) I have been using upto the Monday, of the week that i reported to you. All of a sudden not only portal logging but the ssh logging stopped. It has never happened in the past. So i suspect some access permission or something is modified.

(ii) I understand that if authentication fails then i should get an error but looking at the screenshot i am not able to interpret anything. This screen remains like this for ever. I have taken screenshot after ten minutes of wait.

(iii) I also tried switching to the stable flack.

(iv) Another student also tried with his credentials even he failed.

(v) I logged into emulab site and generated new keys and tried with them too. I initially thought my keys could have expired.

I am sorry to be bothering with such a basic issue, but i am helpless. There is nothing much i am able to do. I am badly stuck. Can some account reset or something can be done. If so i shall be grateful.

Thanks
Sujayyendhiren

Screenshot 2014-08-18 18.25.59.png

Sarah Edwards

Aug 19, 2014, 9:20:11 AM8/19/14
to geni-...@googlegroups.com, Sarah Edwards, Kaiqi Xiong, Minseok Kwon
Hi,

I think there is an issue with Flack itself.  There is a similar thread on protoge...@googlegroups.com.  They identified the issues on Aug 13 and on Aug 14 they said they were working on a fix.  I'll poke on that thread to see if any progress has been made.

I am very sorry for the trouble,
Sarah Edwards

<Screenshot 2014-08-18 18.25.59.png>

Niky Riga

Aug 19, 2014, 9:47:10 AM8/19/14
to geni-...@googlegroups.com, Sarah Edwards, Kaiqi Xiong, Minseok Kwon
HI Sujay,

Although Flack through protogeni.net/flack has a problem with logging in, you can still use the Flack from the portal:
https://portal.geni.net/, there you should not have a problem loading Flack.

If you don't already have an account at the portal, you can apply for an account here:
https://shib-idp.geni.net/geni/request.html

and Prof Xiong or Kwon can create a project for you.

Cheers,
Niiky

Hussamuddin Nasir

Aug 19, 2014, 9:54:31 AM8/19/14
to geni-...@googlegroups.com
I agree FLACK with the portal will not this problem. The problems seems to with FLACK talking to the PG CH (and possibly hanging). SInce portal has a different CH , FLACK will work there.
cheers,

Hussam
(Hussamuddin Nasir)

Netlab Operations Team

Laboratory for Adv. Networking  Phone  : (859)218-0059
James F Hardymon Building       Fax    : (859)323-3740
301 Rose Street, Rm 237         E-mail : na...@netlab.uky.edu
Lexington, KY 40506-0495        Web    : http://www.netlab.uky.edu

                        University of Kentucky
                        **********************

Sarah Edwards

Aug 20, 2014, 9:54:49 AM8/20/14
to geni-...@googlegroups.com, Sarah Edwards, Kaiqi Xiong, Minseok Kwon
Hi Sujay,

The Flack folks say they have a fix in place so you should be able to log in now.

Let us know if you find differently.

Cheers,
Sarah

Sujayyendhiren RS

Aug 20, 2014, 2:50:10 PM8/20/14
to geni-...@googlegroups.com, Sarah Edwards, Kaiqi Xiong, Minseok Kwon
Thanks all.

I shall be in a position to check this evening and update. I wont spam the group any more.

I would be in a position to update you Sarah this evening. Thanks for the followup. I appreciate the help.

Cheers
Sujay

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "GENI Users" group.

I dont claim to be nice......
R.S.Sujayyendhiren