where can i learn Geb automation tool from Basics

Mamatha Reddy

May 2, 2016, 4:08:58 PM5/2/16
to Geb User Mailing List
Hello all,

I am working as QA  and know to work on QTP. But my company wants me to learn Geb automation tool .Where can I find tutorials from basic to advanced.

or any body who can teach locally , I live in dallas tx

Brian Kotek

May 2, 2016, 4:50:18 PM5/2/16
to Geb User Mailing List
The documentation would be the main resource. There are also a number of presentations on Youtube from past conferences that might help.

Marcin Erdmann

May 4, 2016, 2:27:56 AM5/4/16
to geb-...@googlegroups.com
I don't know about any tutorials but the documentation is quite comprehensive. It also lists a couple of example projects hosted on github which you might want to have a look at. I would start there and ask questions here if you have any trouble.

Colin Harrington

May 4, 2016, 1:17:00 PM5/4/16
to geb-...@googlegroups.com
Please note that Geb is primarily a developer tool.  You'll need to be comfortable coding and debugging automated tests as a developer would.

Does your team already have an existing suite of Geb tests?

In the past, I've had a couple successful geb experiences where QA resources wrote & ran test suites.  I think this was successful because the developers on the team had already built up page objects and established patterns & helper methods that could be extrapolated on.  Basically we built the framework that the QA team members would utilize.  Beyond that it was helpful to have a developer on hand who could help decipher any weird issues.

You'll need to be familiar with Groovy and will end up needing to know a little about WebDriver.  I don't know of any tutorials but as Marcin & Brian pointed out there are are a couple good resources to get started with:

Colin Harrington
colin.ha...@gmail.com

Dwarika Dhish Mishra

Jun 28, 2016, 4:39:02 PM6/28/16
to Geb User Mailing List
Hi Mamtha,

you could get one helpful tutorial on this link

this course include basics of Geb and Spock and as per description very soon page object modelling section would also be included in this.