GData setCookieStorage crash: _objc_setProperty_atomic

Alex

Oct 4, 2012, 8:54:29 AM10/4/12
to gdata-objec...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,
I have updated to the recent version of the GData framework. My Deployment target is iOS5.1 and I was using GData before without any problems.
Due to the new release of iOS6, I updated to xCode4.5 and, like I said before, updated GData as well.

But now I do have problems using this framework on the device:
I am getting the following error:

dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _objc_setProperty_atomic

  Referenced from: /var/mobile/Applications/BBA92D5F-C047-4E05-86BE-B68E8C0F328A/MyApp.app/MyApp

  Expected in: /usr/lib/libobjc.A.dylib

dyld: Symbol not found: _objc_setProperty_atomic

  Referenced from: /var/mobile/Applications/BBA92D5F-C047-4E05-86BE-B68E8C0F328A/MyApp.app/MyApp

  Expected in: /usr/lib/libobjc.A.dylib

Running in the simulator works fine and without any errors / problems.

I did the setup exactly like the description posted in the referenced blog.

Any suggestions about the problem or how to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance - I would appreciate any help!

Thomas Van Lenten

Oct 4, 2012, 8:57:59 AM10/4/12
to gdata-objec...@googlegroups.com
The checked in projects don't set a deployment version, directly add the sources to your project instead so the compiler settings you have picked can be applied.

TVL

Alex

Oct 4, 2012, 9:10:16 AM10/4/12
to gdata-objec...@googlegroups.com
Ah thanks, I just changed the deployment target of GData to the same version of the one in my main project.
Now it is working again!
Great thanks!!

Jakob Sachse

Oct 10, 2012, 12:25:45 PM10/10/12
to gdata-objec...@googlegroups.com
I have the same problem, yet when i change iOS Deployment Target in GData to the same value my iOS Project uses the runtime error remains.

Greg Robbins

Oct 10, 2012, 8:56:11 PM10/10/12
to gdata-objec...@googlegroups.com
As Tom suggested, try directly adding the library sources to your project.

Jakob Sachse

Oct 11, 2012, 7:25:31 AM10/11/12
to gdata-objec...@googlegroups.com
I dont want to mess up my project with all that code. The basic cause of this problem seems to be, that the lib is compiled into a
objc format that iOS 4.3 (my apps target) does not support. So how do i get it to compile into that format?

The deployment target seemed to be the correct, but somehow still the compiled format is wrong. Are there any other settings I can try changing?

I can't be the only one having that trouble.

Lucas Goossen

Oct 14, 2012, 9:21:08 PM10/14/12
to gdata-objec...@googlegroups.com
Jakob I had your same problem and I deleted all the derived data so it would rebuild everything and then the change took effect.

Jakob Sachse

Oct 22, 2012, 5:40:28 AM10/22/12
to gdata-objec...@googlegroups.com
Thank you!!!

I thought that Product -> Clean in xCode would do just that. But it tured out it wouldn't!
Now, after 2 weeks and lots of waisted time its working :)

Thanks again!