Error with using GCP and Xerox Global Print driver...

Gavin Heinly

Aug 6, 2013, 9:35:20 AM8/6/13
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com
I've recently been tasked by the company I work for to add print functionality to the tablets we use in the repair shop. Google Cloud Print seems to be ideal but when I installed Chrome on the print server and activated Cloud Print, an error box appears that says "An unexpected error has occurred in the print driver. Close the current driver window and retry the operation." This box will reappear continuously until I deactivate the Cloud Print function of Chrome.

Looked through the Event Viewer but no dice. We use Server 2003 as our print server.

It seems to do this whenever I queue a job to one of the many Xerox Phaser printers in our operation so I'm thinking there's some kind of conflict with GCP and the Xerox Global Print driver we use. Is this a known issue? If so, do you have any suggestions on how our business could print off our tablets if we're using Xerox printers?

Gene Gutnik

Aug 6, 2013, 3:56:54 PM8/6/13
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gavin,
Do you have XPS Pack from Microsoft installed on your Windows 2003 machine?
Do you have a later version of Windows to try this on? 7? 2008?
What .NET framework version do you have installed on your machine?

Gavin Heinly

Aug 7, 2013, 3:35:29 PM8/7/13
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com
We're running .NET 3.5 SP1 on the print server.
We have later versions of Windows Server we could use this on but our print server is 2003.
I'll update with the details on the XPS Pack when I can get a better look at it.

Gavin Heinly

Aug 19, 2013, 1:04:41 PM8/19/13
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com
Did this issue suddenly get dropped or something?

Robert Toscano

Aug 19, 2013, 2:05:01 PM8/19/13
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gavin, I saw in your last email that you said you were going to update this thread with details about the XPS pack. Have you had a chance to install that pack?