Google Compute Engine instance blocked in Iran

Matthieu Corageoud

May 26, 2015, 6:57:41 AM5/26/15
to gce-dis...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

My company owns a server on Google Compute Engine (zone europe-west1-b) and we use it to host a website. Unfortunately, this server can not be reached from Iran.

Our website is not commercial and is related to medical field so we should not be concerned by trade restrictions imposed by US against Iran.

Is it possible to allow access to our server from Iran in the Developers Console?

Thanks,

Matthieu.

Brad Abrams

May 26, 2015, 6:02:07 PM5/26/15
to Matthieu Corageoud, gce-dis...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for your question. Unfortunately, Google Compute Engine is not available in Iran at this time.

..brad

--
© 2014 Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043

Email preferences: You received this email because you signed up for the Google Compute Engine Discussion Google Group (gce-dis...@googlegroups.com) to participate in discussions with other members of the Google Compute Engine community and the Google Compute Engine Team.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "gce-discussion" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gce-discussion/5de0c5f5-0520-44b9-b249-218bb3bf75f1%40googlegroups.com.

Simon Kunz

Apr 21, 2016, 6:33:38 AM4/21/16
to gce-discussion, matthieu....@rodanotech.ch
Seems like the block is still in place after some sanctions have been suspended in January 2016, right?
Will GCE instances continue to be blocked when accessed from Iran?

Best, Simon

Paul Nash

Apr 21, 2016, 3:32:51 PM4/21/16
to Simon Kunz, gce-discussion, matthieu....@rodanotech.ch
Hi Simon, yes unfortunately we are still not able to offer Google Compute Engine in Iran at this time. I'm sorry but we can't really comment further on the complexities of the trade situation and how they might impact our products.

--
© 2016 Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043

Paul R. Nash | Product Manager, Compute Engine | paul...@google.com | 206-876-1620