exception suppression for exceptions from simulation factory [gatling 2.2.2]

Radosław Twardy

Sep 7, 2016, 10:57:21 AM9/7/16
to Gatling User Group
Hi,
from my code (creating simulation) i throw exception - due to incorrect input data. I expect that simulation will be break and show me error, but i don't see any error. I debug this - below is stack trace for exception
"main@1" prio=5 tid=0x1 nid=NA runnable
  java
.lang.Thread.State: RUNNABLE
      at scala
.sys.package$.error(package.scala:27)
      at myClass
      at myClass
      at myClass
      at myClass
      at myClass

- locked <0xe91> (a myPackage.SystemVariables$)
      at myClass
      at myClass
      at myClass
      at myClass
      at myClass

- locked <0xd52> (a myClass)
      at myClass
      at myClass
      at myClass
      at myClass
      at myClass5
)
      at myClass
      at sun
.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:-1)
      at sun
.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62)
      at sun
.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
      at java
.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:423)
      at java
.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:442)
      at io
.gatling.app.Gatling$.io$gatling$app$Gatling$$$anonfun$1(Gatling.scala:41)
      at io
.gatling.app.Gatling$lambda$1.apply(Gatling.scala:41)
      at io
.gatling.app.Gatling$lambda$1.apply(Gatling.scala:41)
      at io
.gatling.app.Gatling.run(Gatling.scala:92)
      at io
.gatling.app.Gatling.runIfNecessary(Gatling.scala:75)
      at io
.gatling.app.Gatling.start(Gatling.scala:65)
      at io
.gatling.app.Gatling$.start(Gatling.scala:57)
      at io
.gatling.app.Gatling$.fromMap(Gatling.scala:45)
      at myClass
      at myClass
      at myClass

As you see Gatling.run section finally capture all exceptions and terminate system - why ?

Stéphane LANDELLE

Sep 7, 2016, 11:04:45 AM9/7/16
to gat...@googlegroups.com
We designed this so that Gatling has its own JVM and parent process gets the process exit code.
It looks like you're trying to embed Gatling, which is not a supported usage.

Stéphane Landelle
GatlingCorp CEO