Fusion MegaMenu in gnatry 4.1.4

Din Muhammad Sumon

Nov 27, 2012, 5:43:50 AM11/27/12
to gantry-framework...@googlegroups.com
Hello, in the previous versions of Gantry which was not responsive there was a option to choose fusion "Fusion Mega Menu", it was really very cool! But in Gantry 4 there are only two type of menu options and the "Fusion Mega Menu" is not present any more. Is there any chance to implement the "Fusion Mega Menu" again on the next version of Gantry? I think not only me but everybody liked that menu style than the "DROP DOWN MENU"... Please anyone from Rocket Theme development team please give a reply. Thank you.

Henning

Nov 27, 2012, 6:01:22 AM11/27/12
to gantry-framework...@googlegroups.com
The megamenu functionality is still there ... check: http://demo.gantry-framework.org/

Din Muhammad Sumon

Nov 27, 2012, 6:13:16 AM11/27/12
to gantry-framework...@googlegroups.com
Henning@ Thank for your reply. No man it is not the previous mega menu. It is something like the drop down menu. See some previous templates of Rocket Theme. You don't have to be a Rocket Scientist to observe the difference. The previous mega menu had very nice sliding effect. Even it was very clever because it was JavaScript driven As for example if the drop down menu lies on the very right edge of your PC screen then the child items will open on the left side otherwise on  the right side but this drop down menu's child items always open on the right side even if your PC screen has enough space or not. That is really bad. Make your browsers screen smaller very smaller around 600px then browse it   Example : http://demo.rockettheme.com/?template=fresco

Gantry Framework Homepage: http://www.gantry-framework.org

--
Din Muhammad Sumon

Din Muhammad Sumon

Nov 27, 2012, 6:15:17 AM11/27/12
to gantry-framework...@googlegroups.com
Hover on the Features > menu option

On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 5:13 PM, Din Muhammad Sumon <dms...@gmail.com> wrote:
Henning@ Thank for your reply. No man it is not the previous mega menu. It is something like the drop down menu. See some previous templates of Rocket Theme. You don't have to be a Rocket Scientist to observe the difference. The previous mega menu had very nice sliding effect. Even it was very clever because it was JavaScript driven As for example if the drop down menu lies on the very right edge of your PC screen then the child items will open on the left side otherwise on  the right side but this drop down menu's child items always open on the right side even if your PC screen has enough space or not. That is really bad. Make your browsers screen smaller very smaller around 600px then browse it   Example : http://demo.rockettheme.com/?template=fresco

--
Din Muhammad Sumon

Din Muhammad Sumon

Nov 27, 2012, 6:55:10 AM11/27/12
to gantry-framework...@googlegroups.com
Please reply anyone from Rocket Theme development team....
--
Din Muhammad Sumon

Andy Miller

Nov 27, 2012, 11:26:07 AM11/27/12
to gantry-framework...@googlegroups.com
Our "fusion" menu relied heavily on javascript to achieve its functionality.  Also it was quite complicated to modify and style.  It has been replaced by the more modern CSS3 powered "dropdown" menu.  This new menu is very easy to style via less, it's lighter-weight, requires very minor javascript and is fully responsive.  Basically it's Fusion 2.0, we just renamed it to simply "dropdown" to describe better what it was.

If you want to use the old fusion menu, you can download an older version of Gantry (4.0.X) and port it over.  We will not be using it going forward however, and you are on your own if you want to use it.