An update on Ganeti, Google , and the community

Guido Trotter

May 8, 2020, 4:38:35 AM5/8/20
to Ganeti Users list, Ganeti Development, bo...@spi-inc.org

Google originally created Ganeti in 2007, for its internal infrastructure, and released it as open source. Over time a healthy community of developers gathered around it, and started contributing, and then fully maintaining it. Since Google's priorities have shifted, we are happy to fully release the project to its vibrant community, and acknowledge that the Ganeti name and logo are trademarks owned by the community itself and managed with the help of SPI.

--
Guido Trotter
Software Engineering Manager

Geschäftsführer: Paul Manicle, Halimah DeLaine Prado

Sedat Dilek

May 8, 2020, 4:47:18 AM5/8/20
to Guido Trotter, Ganeti Users list, Ganeti Development, bo...@spi-inc.org
Hi Guido,

these are good news.
Thanks.

Regards,
- Sedat -

Daniel Howard

May 8, 2020, 4:29:03 PM5/8/20
to Guido Trotter, Ganeti Users list, Ganeti Development, bo...@spi-inc.org
Congratulations! I hope this new age is auspicous!

-danny