Sticky: Report Client Bugs Here

Evolutionary Games

Jan 30, 2013, 8:15:16 PM1/30/13
If you notice any problems with the GAR client please report them in this thread.

Dudulles Dudulles

Jan 16, 2013, 5:58:42 PM1/16/13
to galactic...@googlegroups.com
hi

it crash at start ...
i am using windows xp sp3 just after the window (loading plz wait )

Dudulles Dudulles

Jan 16, 2013, 6:29:47 PM1/16/13
to galactic...@googlegroups.com
hi

the crash come from the use of the decimal separator for the french language
 , instead of .
pls fixe it

Evolutionary Games

Jan 16, 2013, 6:46:32 PM1/16/13
to galactic...@googlegroups.com
Bonjour Dudulles ;)

Where is the decimal separator that is causing the crash? In your Steam user name? You can message me directly on Steam to work the problem out. Nickname is "Astral Projection".

Dudulles Dudulles

Jan 16, 2013, 7:53:14 PM1/16/13
to galactic...@googlegroups.com
hi

its because of xna that need a . as decimal separator :
it has nothing to do with name -- if i change my regional setting for english us, it works and no crash .

Evolutionary Games

Jan 16, 2013, 8:18:33 PM1/16/13
to galactic...@googlegroups.com
Ok I worked this out on Steam with Bidulless. Looks like in certain Windows Language Regions decimal separators in floating point numbers may be commas instead of decimal points. French and Russian are two such regions. Unfortunately we don't have the resources to support any regional settings except US. So if you run into this problem you will have to set your regional settings in Windows to English / US.
For anyone interested, there is some programming specific info on this here: http://www.cocos2d-x.org/boards/17/topics/10172

Grysh

Jan 16, 2013, 9:01:38 PM1/16/13
to galactic...@googlegroups.com
Actually, decimal comma isn't isolated to just a couple of countries. All of Europe, except for UK, along with Russia, the entire South America and some others use it. I think it'd be worth taking a look at what would have to be done to make it work for those that happen to live there without requiring the users to change back and forth in the OS settings.

Dudulles Dudulles

Jan 17, 2013, 12:15:31 PM1/17/13
to galactic...@googlegroups.com
hi

i downloaded a patch trought steam this afternoon: it does not fix the problem

Evolutionary Games

Jan 17, 2013, 1:49:30 PM1/17/13
to galactic...@googlegroups.com
Heya, the patch we just uploaded was for other issues. I have this issue on the todo list though. I actually found what could be be a relatively simple fix:

But it will require some testing.

Evolutionary Games

Jan 17, 2013, 1:52:13 PM1/17/13
to galactic...@googlegroups.com
As grysh pointed out, this is an issue with most of Europe and South America so we will fix it. I found this handy map of what countries use which decimal separators:

Dudulles Dudulles

Jan 17, 2013, 1:58:40 PM1/17/13
to galactic...@googlegroups.com
hi

great news so

Evolutionary Games

Jan 18, 2013, 6:27:38 PM1/18/13
to galactic...@googlegroups.com
Just FYI I'm working on this now. Will try to have it uploaded this weekend.

I don't have access to any non-US version of Windows though, so anyone who does will have to test it and let us know.

Kawasemi

Jan 19, 2013, 8:17:25 AM1/19/13
to galactic...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I pressume, that i have the same issue, as the symptom seems to mach, but this time with Finnish locale. I'm willing to help with testing, if needed.

Evolutionary Games

Jan 19, 2013, 2:44:57 PM1/19/13
to galactic...@googlegroups.com
I made those fixes as suggested in the links above for decimal separator issue. The new build should be live on Steam in a few mins. Let us know how it goes, because we don't have access to foreign windows versions. If this works will apply it to the demo as well.

Kawasemi

Jan 19, 2013, 3:10:27 PM1/19/13
to galactic...@googlegroups.com
I got the update, but with Finnish locales the game crashes, right after it tries to open full screen.. If i go to the regional settings and change locales to English (US), then the client started up to the main menu (client showed version 1.256).

I have windows 7 64bit.

So bit more work to do, :).

blac...@gmail.com

Jan 21, 2013, 7:00:08 PM1/21/13
to galactic...@googlegroups.com
hi,
ive just relogged to my single player game and found out that i dont have my warhead launcher, ive already bought. so i grudgingly went to buy a new one, and now the game tells me that i already have one. so i neither can shoot from my warhead launcher, nor buy a new one. it seems that you are using two distinct variables to track this property.

thanks for any help

Evolutionary Games

Jan 21, 2013, 7:35:20 PM1/21/13
to galactic...@googlegroups.com
Ahh that sucks. Back to the drawing board on that. I'll read up some more about the issue.

Evolutionary Games

Jan 21, 2013, 7:37:53 PM1/21/13
to galactic...@googlegroups.com
@Blackerer. That's a strange bug. I will check into it asap.

Evolutionary Games

Jan 22, 2013, 7:15:51 AM1/22/13
to galactic...@googlegroups.com
@Blackerer, I sent a couple questions about the issue to your personal email.

sc...@gmx.de

Jan 22, 2013, 5:01:51 PM1/22/13
to galactic...@googlegroups.com
I'm in europe aswell, prior to the decimal patch the game was crashing right on start-up. Now it's working without a hitch, this is on Win7 64 bit with german language/regional settings.

However, me and my buddy have the same problem as Blackerer, we can't fire the launcher after buying it. The game insists we don't have one and won't let us buy another one either.

Evolutionary Games

Jan 23, 2013, 11:03:05 AM1/23/13
to galactic...@googlegroups.com
Well that is good news about the decimal patch. Quick question on the launcher issue:

- were you able to fire it ever? Or immediately after you purchased it, it says "you do not own a warhead launcher"?
- I ask because blackerer said he was able to fire it, but only after logging out and back in, was it broken.

I've been looking at this and have a characters both multi-player and single-player on the warhead launcher mission, and cannot reproduce this problem. Also, I don't think anyone has ever reported this issue in a US Windows version. Looking at the code, both the "Buy Warhead Launcher" and "Fire Warhead Launcher" functions check the same boolean variable. You can PM me directly on Steam if you want, user name "Astral Projection". I'll try my best to get this fixed. Keep in mind though, we don't have access to non-US versions of Windows for testing and debugging. ;(

sc...@gmx.de

Jan 23, 2013, 3:15:18 PM1/23/13
to galactic...@googlegroups.com
Our characters were MP ones, my buddy got the initial message that it is still charging, when it was ready and he hit F it said there's no launcher. I on the other hand got the "no launcher" message right away, so neither of us did fire a single shot.
I just logged into my single-player character, bought the launcher (i'm on the mission aswell) and was able to fire it no problem. Switching back to the MP character, it is now working, for whatever reason. I tested this on the official MP server, last time we played we picked another one from the list; is it possible to disable the feature maybe as a host?
Another idea, maybe the mission freaks out if you accept it, but instead of buying the launcher switch ships first and try to install it later on the new one. Cause that is what we did, accepted the launcher mission, bought the 200k ship first and when we had more money, we bought the launcher.

Kawasemi

Jan 24, 2013, 12:17:52 PM1/24/13
to galactic...@googlegroups.com
So does this mean that no future work will be done to support the Finnish locale? :/

Btw, is it really so that if you have US version of windows, you cannot change locales?
E.g. On windows 7, go to control panel -> region and language -> and in the first tab "format" choose some other format than english (US). e.g. Finnish, then click ok, and start GAR... , no reboot needed.

Evolutionary Games

Jan 24, 2013, 1:44:22 PM1/24/13
to galactic...@googlegroups.com
@sc... Ok thanks for that info. I'll try out what you suggested.

Evolutionary Games

Jan 24, 2013, 1:48:04 PM1/24/13
to galactic...@googlegroups.com
@ Kawasemi, hmm so just changing my regional settings to Finnish should allow me to test? Ok I didn't know that. Will give it a try this evening.

If it works and I can run the Visual Studio debugger then I should be able to fix regional string issues no problem. ;)

Kawasemi

Jan 25, 2013, 1:31:18 PM1/25/13
to galactic...@googlegroups.com
Yes, That's exactly the way I currently "workaround" the crash issue, I change my "locale format" to English (US) before starting GAR, and then afterwards back to Finnish. Thus you doing the reverse, should be enough.

The format this is the only thing i need to change in order to play, so i'm guessing the problem is either en error in some "separators", e.g. dots or commas, or a date format parsing issue, or if you are parser decimals(floats/doubles) from a config file, then the numeric separators might be different as well.

(BTW, not sure i this matters, but my windows is actually an English one, i have just the locales,region stuff and keyboard languages in Finnish. )

blac...@gmail.com

Jan 26, 2013, 6:41:50 PM1/26/13
to galactic...@googlegroups.com
ive tried to reproduce it today by simply going to single player. that didnt work (the bug did not manifest itself). however, ive realised then that i did visit the multiplayer menu first that time it happened. so i tried going to the multiplayer menu, then back up and to singleplayer and loaded my SP char. lo and behold: reproduced. hope that helps.

Kawasemi

Jan 29, 2013, 12:57:55 PM1/29/13
to galactic...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Another possible bug. In the "server log off" screen, which you see when pressing "esc" just before quitting the server.
There is a player list saying Playername, Player kills, and Arena score. I think the value of the "Player Kills" - comes actually from deaths, and its not actually the number of players the player killed. If i go to the "ship stats screen" i see the value of deaths matching the value on the log off screen.

Should the log off screen show the amount of players you killed, or the amount of times you have died (deaths)?

/Kawa

Evolutionary Games

Jan 29, 2013, 1:32:38 PM1/29/13
to galactic...@googlegroups.com
@ Kawasemi. Good catch. Looking at the code, it does indeed display 'number of deaths' when it should display 'number of player kills'. This will require small message parsing changes on both client and server. Will try to get those uploaded this evening.

Evolutionary Games

Jan 29, 2013, 1:34:39 PM1/29/13
to galactic...@googlegroups.com
BTW, thanks to everyone in this thread spotting these bugs. The only way we can thank you is additional Steam Product Codes. So if you guys want some for friends or family, mail g...@eecs.ucf.edu and let us know how many codes you want.

blac...@gmail.com

Jan 29, 2013, 1:38:00 PM1/29/13
to galactic...@googlegroups.com
well that would be nice, of course :).

but now id rather know, whether youve managed to reproduce the warhead bug according to my description.

Kedirech

Jan 29, 2013, 4:26:12 PM1/29/13
to galactic...@googlegroups.com
My friend is having the same issue. Bought the warhead launcher and it says that he doesn't own one. He also got the launcher quest, bought the 200k ship and then the launcher.

Evolutionary Games

Jan 29, 2013, 5:01:17 PM1/29/13
to galactic...@googlegroups.com
@Kedirech, are you on non-US regional or language settings in Windows? If so what region? We'll need to switch to those regional system settings and step through it in the debugger.

Evolutionary Games

Feb 1, 2013, 8:16:51 PM2/1/13
to galactic...@googlegroups.com
Just uploaded what i think should fix all the regional language and decimal issues.

Kawasemi

Feb 2, 2013, 10:15:41 AM2/2/13
to galactic...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, works for me with Finnish locales!

blac...@gmail.com

Feb 2, 2013, 10:20:39 AM2/2/13
to galactic...@googlegroups.com
runs fine. but the bug that ive reported changed the displayed message. now it says "Neuralium warhead still in production!" as opposed to not having it at all. (same reproduction procedure)

Evolutionary Games

Feb 3, 2013, 2:18:05 PM2/3/13
to galactic...@googlegroups.com
@Kawasemi great ;)

@Blackerer, what windows regional settings do you use?

blac...@gmail.com

Feb 3, 2013, 5:06:32 PM2/3/13
to galactic...@googlegroups.com
Czech. why do you think that its relevant to neuralium warheads?

Evolutionary Games

Feb 3, 2013, 6:46:47 PM2/3/13
to galactic...@googlegroups.com
It might not, but need to rule out all possibilities when debugging it.

blac...@gmail.com

Feb 3, 2013, 6:47:52 PM2/3/13
to galactic...@googlegroups.com
ok, gl with finding it.

Sam Gould

Feb 4, 2013, 5:59:30 AM2/4/13
to galactic...@googlegroups.com
I downloaded the demo to see what the game was like before buying it, and on opening the executable, 'GAR Demo 1.255 has stopped working'.  Is there a simple fix for this?  I really want to try this game out, as the concept and gameplay looks like fun.  Also, I tried running the .exe as administrator, same issue.  Any ideas?

Evolutionary Games

Feb 4, 2013, 8:51:27 AM2/4/13
to galactic...@googlegroups.com
@Sam, do you have XNA installled? It is in the package with the game download. Also, are you on non-English language settings in windows? If so, we are uploading a new beta client with fixes for non-US language setting tonight.

Sam Gould

Feb 4, 2013, 9:15:20 AM2/4/13
to galactic...@googlegroups.com
I installed XNA before, yes, and I am on English settings in Windows.  That's English (United Kingdom), not English (US).

Delian

Feb 4, 2013, 5:58:20 PM2/4/13
to galactic...@googlegroups.com
I get a grey screen when it starts. Can just hear the music in the background but that's all..

Evolutionary Games

Feb 4, 2013, 7:11:04 PM2/4/13
to galactic...@googlegroups.com
@Delian, tab out and back in. Sometimes if you click around on stuff during the splash screen, the XNA renderer wont catch or something like that. It is on the known bugs list.

Sam Gould

Feb 4, 2013, 7:44:56 PM2/4/13
to galactic...@googlegroups.com
Apparently the reason the game crashes on startup is because my primary (only) monitor's max resolution is 2048*???? or greater.  Is this a known issue?  And if it is, when will you look to try and fix it?  Also, am on full game now - won it in the steamgifts giveaway.

Evolutionary Games

Feb 4, 2013, 9:35:04 PM2/4/13
to galactic...@googlegroups.com
@Sam, I'll look into  a way to fix this. This is an issue with XNA. For now I guess you can do windowed mode as a workaround.

Evolutionary Games

Feb 5, 2013, 12:30:24 AM2/5/13
Edit: yay finally found the warhead bug. It had to do with creating a new instance of the player's warhead, which broke the keybind. SHould be up on Steam in an hour or so.

Ilija Vujovic

Feb 5, 2013, 5:50:02 AM2/5/13
to galactic...@googlegroups.com
I seem to also crash on startup.
I doesn't even say anything,the game just doesn't open.
OI'm using the Steam vesion.

Ilija Vujovic

Feb 5, 2013, 6:09:04 AM2/5/13
to galactic...@googlegroups.com
Actually I fixed it by downloading the Microsoft Xna fx thingy that says it is downloading when you start the game in steam.

leobr...@googlemail.com

Feb 5, 2013, 7:58:07 AM2/5/13
to galactic...@googlegroups.com
I have that Game installed via Steam. If I launch it I just get a black screen with the default mouse cursor,
but I can hear the Music.

Windows 8 Enterprise x64 (DE-de)

leobr...@googlemail.com

Feb 5, 2013, 7:59:38 AM2/5/13
to galactic...@googlegroups.com
-.- I didn't read the Known Bugs section..

Evolutionary Games

Feb 5, 2013, 1:35:11 PM2/5/13
to galactic...@googlegroups.com
hehe np. i should probably move that here.

nana...@gmail.com

Feb 10, 2013, 10:00:37 AM2/10/13
to galactic...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys.

I'm also having a crash at startup bug, but it seems to be unrelated to the locale problem.
My desktop max resolution is 1366x768.
The game ran fine on 1st start after install in a low 800 by something resolution.
I then went into the options to try and go fullscreen. I tried entering resolution values but they wouldn't stick, then i pressed either the fullscreen or apply button (sorry, can't remember), the window became bigger and the game crashed.
I have reinstalled XNA and .NET but no success.

After this the only way for me to run the game at all was to set my desktop resolution to 800x600. The game then started in 800x480 but after playing with the resolution settings it has started crashing again.

There is a CrashLog.txt file in the game dir, but it only has 2 newlines in it, nothing else.

nana...@gmail.com

Feb 10, 2013, 10:38:38 AM2/10/13
to galactic...@googlegroups.com
SOLVED!

I edited the config file, located (for me) in
c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\<magic steam id>\60900\remote\settings.txt

changed it like this:

screenWidth 1366
screenHeight 768
fullscreen True
bloomEffect True

And the game runs in fullscreen for me.

Evolutionary Games

Feb 10, 2013, 1:32:50 PM2/10/13
to galactic...@googlegroups.com
Ahh ok great. You probably entered invalid fullscreen resolution. However, the game is supposed to attempt to change rez, but if it doesn't work it should go to a default safe rez.

necro2607

Feb 11, 2013, 2:55:13 AM2/11/13
to galactic...@googlegroups.com
Twice I have received the error "Failed to send Steam achievement: Geonoid Destruction", after having received that achievement in the game.  It's the only achievement I've ever received that error for.

Sam Gould

Feb 12, 2013, 4:40:03 AM2/12/13
to galactic...@googlegroups.com
In response to the issue I was hgaving earlier with crash at startup, I found a fix, odd though it is.  I made a new line in the settings.txt file (location I found via someone else in this thread) - \steam\userdata\<steam_id>\60900\remote\settings.txt .  The txt file I had was all one line, and no spaces between the values, like this:  screenWidth 1024screenHeight 720fullscreen FalsebloomEffect FalsesoundVolume 0.5musicVolume 0.4
 I changed it to this:

screenWidth 1024

screenHeight 720

fullscreen False

bloomEffect False

soundVolume 0.5

musicVolume 0.4

and the game works absolutely fine in fullscreen.  Odd fix I know, but it worked, and I can now play the game!

Kenneth Lantier

Mar 1, 2013, 7:06:34 PM3/1/13
to galactic...@googlegroups.com
I don't know what the issue is here but I have tried many things to
get the game to work.
Vista 32 bit home preminum, 3 gig ram, Asus 8500gt pcix16, two segate sata
 2 @ 3gig (320) gig each, amd quad @ 2.2 ghz,

Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE Sound card - 96 kHz - 24-bit,

Zone alarm antivirus and firewall both have been turned of at times to see if they where the culprit.
All drivers are current as well as windows update and installing
xnafx40_redist.msi

Description
Stopped working
Problem signature
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: gar client 1.2.exe
Problem Signature 02: 1.2.5.7
Problem Signature 03: 511d9d5e
Problem Signature 04: Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Xact
Problem Signature 05: 4.0.20823.0
Problem Signature 06: 4c72cce0
Problem Signature 07: e5
Problem Signature 08: cb
Problem Signature 09: System.InvalidOperationException
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Evolutionary Games

Mar 2, 2013, 1:38:51 AM3/2/13
to galactic...@googlegroups.com
@Kenneth, did you try: right-click the game and select “Properties.” Under the “Local Files” tab, hit “Verify Game Cache.”

Yana Malysheva

Mar 15, 2013, 1:50:53 AM3/15/13
to galactic...@googlegroups.com
Ran into a couple of small bugs:

- In the Weapons Bank, the message about what weapon slot got switched out is off by one (e.g. says weapon slot 0 instead of weapon slot 1)

- The first time I started the game today, certain graphical things like the galaxy map and the weapon graph thingies on the weapon page didn't show up (the page was there, but no image; I could read the weapon info though. That time the game also started out with a black screen, but the visuals came back when I alt-tabbed out and back into the game

- After I restarted the game, my weapon seemed to change! it seemed to retain its stats though. It used to shoot out 3 big things which stayed mostly close together but the side ones oscillated a bit in and out of the main forward path, but now it just shoots 3 things and they go straight forward. I also noticed a much wider variety of weapons after that restart; before I saw a lot of variations on the weapon described above and a few one-offs, now I started seeing all kinds of new interesting things. (I had stopped and started playing the game before, too, over several days, and that didn't seem to have any effect on the variation at the time)

Oh, in between, Steam also told me it couldn't sync with the cloud, so I told it not to launch the game; tried in a few seconds, and it launched and synced mostly fine except for that weapon.

Yana Malysheva

Mar 17, 2013, 3:20:59 AM3/17/13
to galactic...@googlegroups.com
Very similar thing just happened again. I started up the game; this time Steam asked me which way I wanted to sync, since the cloud data was older than the local (for some reason - I didnt go offline when I played that I know of), I said to keep the local data.
It still complained that it was out of sync and might not be able to save to the cloud, so I cancelled and restarted. It started up mostly OK, except was choppy and looked different graphically (no grid; seemed zoomed-in closer; the particles seemed smaller or less bloomy). And once again one of my weapons has mutated to be unusuable. This is really disappointing since it was a very cool weapon, which I had just found, and I was excited about using it. (it says isotope 168 now, and just shoots light-blue things that kind of derp around in the same spot. before they used to stick around directly in front of the ship for a bit, then shoot forward pretty fast, parallel to each other, and at a nice spread)

I don't understand this spontaneous weapon mutation thing at all.

Yana Malysheva

Mar 17, 2013, 3:24:47 AM3/17/13
to galactic...@googlegroups.com
And... now it seems to be back to normal?.. after the Nth restart, including one where I restarted the whole computer...

Evolutionary Games

Mar 19, 2013, 11:44:54 AM3/19/13
to galactic...@googlegroups.com
"I was able to reproduce the weird weapon behavior today and my framerate was 9. Not sure why it would sometimes, but not always, starts up with such a low framerate - doesn't seem to correlate too much with how many other things i'm running either.
at that framerate, turning also produced an interesting bug: the camera would zoom way out until the whole world/sector was really tiny."

@Yana. Yeah not much we can do about low framerate. I test the game on a laptop from 2006 with a Core 2 Duo and Gforce 7900 mobile and it gets 60 FPS. If your PC is considerably better specs than that but running the game poorly, maybe look into updating drivers or doing a Windows repair. There may be a problem.

Evolutionary Games

Mar 19, 2013, 11:45:28 AM3/19/13
to galactic...@googlegroups.com

Robert Pawłowski

Mar 20, 2013, 8:10:50 PM3/20/13
to galactic...@googlegroups.com
Hiho, first of all, this is a such a great game, that weapon system? Just wow. But, to the point.
I've encountered, lemme call it a bug, cuz I can't figure out what is the issue for it, the same bug as Yana did. I'm talkin bout this one:

- The first time I started the game today, certain graphical things like the galaxy map and the weapon graph thingies on the weapon page didn't show up (the page was there, but no image; I could read the weapon info though. That time the game also started out with a black screen, but the visuals came back when I alt-tabbed out and back into the game

I can play without any errors, bugs or whatsoever can be inappropriate for a game, but that "galaxy map" and "isotope graph" can't be showed or rendered, idk. Everything was perfectly fine before that, I mean, I've installed GAR on my library and played somethin like 1:30h (in SP, if it matter) and after short break I relaunched it and played as usual, without knowin that this issue is on. I've realized that i don't see isotope graph for weapons but ignored it and now when i want to spend some gathered Neuralium i just can't do a single thing on my sweet isotopes :) Ask me bout moar infos if u need, I'll do my best to answer them. Cheers. Keep it up!

Xs3roN

Mar 21, 2013, 9:03:58 AM3/21/13
to galactic...@googlegroups.com
Hiho! It might be important but I've launched GAR and everythin seems to be fine with galaxy map and isotope graphs its rendering and showin everythin as usual, weird.. What happened, u may ask. Well, issue occured in one session of windows and steam, i've not turned pc down in this time nor steam, i've not seen a popup for cloud sync between session of GAR with graph issue on but I saw a global-like popup for cloud sync when it came to shuttin down steam and next windows. Now, pc is turned on with new session and steam is obviously in a new session too, and GAR is runnin well, it may complicate that graph issue a lil bit moar, damn. Cheers peeps!

Evolutionary Games

Mar 21, 2013, 7:23:28 PM3/21/13
to galactic...@googlegroups.com
Hey. Ok good so it is fixed? What's your Windows version and graphics card btw?

Xs3roN

Mar 30, 2013, 11:04:44 AM3/30/13
to galactic...@googlegroups.com
System: Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit (without Service Pack 1 nor 2)
Onboard GFX: Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family (acutally running and was running in that time)
GFX: GeForce 9800 GTX/9800 GTX+ (EVGA) 512MB (screwin up atm, need to check it further)

Evolutionary Games

Mar 30, 2013, 9:44:32 PM3/30/13
to galactic...@googlegroups.com
@Xs3roN, yeah i don't think that Intel Graphics chip will work. The system specs on this game are low, but not that low. ;)

Evolutionary Games

Aug 29, 2013, 9:43:05 PM8/29/13
to galactic...@googlegroups.com
@Kevin, thanks for the report. Yeah it seems like we have that annoying issue with Win 8. I'm gonna have to find a Win 8 machine to debug on.

Taso Tei

Jan 23, 2014, 5:21:51 AM1/23/14
to galactic...@googlegroups.com
In the Steam client, win7 x64, when I try to re-assign autopilot from Numlock it doesn't allow me to set a new key and when you esc/exit the config window movement is totally locked. It reverts back on client reset to Numlock, but locks up again if I try setting something else.

Not sure if bug or if I'm doing it wrong:
In the singleplayer mission to get energy drained, the Nebula thingies that you're supposed to get drained by all only exist outside of flyable space on the perimeter of the map. I went through every map under L100 as I can't progress higher than that. I can shoot them, which says "absorbed", or I can destroy them completely with the warhead launcher, but I can't seem to get drained by them or attract their attention. Haven't seen any on the inside of the perimeter.

Evolutionary Games

Jan 23, 2014, 2:05:17 PM1/23/14
to galactic...@googlegroups.com
I'll check those out. Note that we are about to upload a completely new interface, so the NUM_Lock thing may be fixed already.
Message has been deleted