disk space plugin

chris hough

Dec 28, 2011, 11:38:42 AM12/28/11
to FusionReactor
I was curious if it's in the product pipeline or has a plug in been
developed to monitor server hard drives and toss an alarm if
thresholds have been reached. seems like this would be very useful
inside of fusion reactor.

Darren Pywell

Dec 28, 2011, 1:19:36 PM12/28/11
to FusionReactor
Hi Chris,

Thanks for the inputs. We are working on a disk space alerting plugin
and a bunch of others. Can't make any commitments on timing but they
are in the works...

Cheers,
Darren

chris hough

Dec 28, 2011, 1:24:51 PM12/28/11
to FusionReactor
awesome, thanks Darren.

charlie arehart

Dec 28, 2011, 1:51:32 PM12/28/11
to fusion...@googlegroups.com
And until then, I'll point out that there are various monitoring tools which
could help. Among the various things many monitor, some do monitor (and can
alert) about disk space. I appreciate, of course, the value of having it
within FR, and look forward to any plugin for that. :-)

But as for other possible tools that may help, they could be in any of a
number of different categories of tools (some cf-specific, some
java-generic, some os-generic). I offer several dozen of them that you may
want to consider until then, in several categories at my CF411 site, in the
general category on "Monitoring tools/services":

http://www.cf411.com/mon

Hope that's helpful to someone.

/charlie

chris hough