encfs binaries

lisanet

Jul 12, 2011, 5:22:49 PM7/12/11
to fus...@googlegroups.com
Hi everybody,

I just want to tell you, that if you want to use encfs with fuse4x you can download the latest version 1.7.4 from my blog on http://www.lisanet.de/?p=128
Although it's a german blog, the download link should be quite easy to find. You'll get a dmg containing an installer package with the encfs binaries (encfs, encfsctl, encfssh) and all libraries encfs depends on. They will get installed under /usr/local/bin and /usr/local/lib/encfs and are 32/64-bit universal binaries for SnowLeopard. Enjoy.

And, of course, thanks for this great project to revive fuse on OS X...

Simone

Anatol Pomozov

Jul 12, 2011, 5:34:21 PM7/12/11
to fus...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 2:22 PM, lisanet <angel...@googlemail.com> wrote:
Hi everybody,

I just want to tell you, that if you want to use encfs with fuse4x you can download the latest version 1.7.4 from my blog on http://www.lisanet.de/?p=128
Although it's a german blog, the download link should be quite easy to find. You'll get a dmg containing an installer package with the encfs binaries (encfs, encfsctl, encfssh) and all libraries encfs depends on. They will get installed under /usr/local/bin and /usr/local/lib/encfs and are 32/64-bit universal binaries for SnowLeopard. Enjoy.

Yay! Thanks a lot.

If I remember correctly EncFS uses fuse_unmount_compat22() function that is absent in 0.8.6. Did you patch EncFS to compile with Fuse4X?

I added this function back and it will be available in 0.8.7.

And, of course, thanks for this great project to revive fuse on OS X...

Thanks to *you* for doing this. Did you have any fuse-specific problems with compilation/using encfs? Some people complained recently that macfuse/fuse4x does not work correctly with EncFS [1]

lisanet

Jul 14, 2011, 5:17:19 PM7/14/11
to fus...@googlegroups.com

If I remember correctly EncFS uses fuse_unmount_compat22() function that is absent in 0.8.6. Did you patch EncFS to compile with Fuse4X?

yes, I've patched the encfs source. It's the same patch I've posted a few days ago on  MacPorts https://trac.macports.org/ticket/29917

I added this function back and it will be available in 0.8.7.

yep. So my patch won't be needed any longer, although it doesn't harm, since I've just replaced fuse_unmount_compat22 with  a macro to call fuse_kern_unmount directly and this will work on 0.8.7 too.

Thanks to *you* for doing this. Did you have any fuse-specific problems with compilation/using encfs? Some people complained recently that macfuse/fuse4x does not work correctly with EncFS [1]

Beside the patch for fuse_unmount_compatt22 I only had to patch the configure script to recognize libfuse4x.dylib instead of libfuse.dylib. And AFAICS encfs just runs fine in the last few days since I've build these binaries.

Anatol Pomozov

Jul 21, 2011, 12:30:48 AM7/21/11
to fus...@googlegroups.com
Just added your EncFS to the fuse4x website http://fuse4x.org/faq.html#Q.3.4