Checkins call -> 504 error

Nicolas Lauquin

Nov 3, 2011, 12:17:19 PM11/3/11
to foursqu...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm having a lot of 504 errors while contacting the "checkins" webservice since we started our service (mid september).
Is there some kind of scheduled maintenance windows ? The errors are occurring anytime (severals time a day - got around 530 errors since 09/19).

Error content :
504 - {"meta":{"code":504,"errorType":"server_error","errorDetail":"Foursquare servers are experiencing problems. Please retry and check status.foursquare.com for updates."},"response":{}}

Feel free to ask me more information if necessary.

Thanks

Regards

Akshay Patil

Nov 3, 2011, 3:34:03 PM11/3/11
to foursqu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nicolas,

Do these periods at all correspond to outages as reported on status.foursquare.com?

~ak
--
Akshay Patil / Foursquare Platform Evangelist
@akdotcom / @foursquareapi

Nicolas Lauquin

Nov 8, 2011, 8:31:40 AM11/8/11
to foursqu...@googlegroups.com
No, i'm providing some inputs for the past few days :

- Monday 7 November 04:33:54 (GMT+1)
- Saturday 5 November 23:56:33 (GMT+1)
- Saturday 5 November 19:27:17 (GMT+1)
- Saturday 5 November 03:53:30 (GMT+1)
- Thrusday 3 November 20:14:23 (GMT+1)
- Thrusday 3 November 17:00:02 (GMT+1)
- Thrusday 3 November 16:07:12 (GMT+1)

All have  -> 504 Foursquare servers are experiencing problems. Please retry and check status.foursquare.com for updates.

Regards

Akshay Patil

Nov 8, 2011, 11:11:13 AM11/8/11
to foursqu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nicolas,

Can you e-mail a...@foursquare.com with as many details as possible? The full request you're making to our servers, the IP ranges they're coming from, your consumer key information, etc. etc.

~ak
--
Akshay Patil / Foursquare Platform Evangelist
@akdotcom / @foursquareapi

4sqnoob

Nov 11, 2011, 5:42:48 AM11/11/11
to foursqu...@googlegroups.com

Also how do I search based on categories such as "Food", "Arts" etc? Where can I find a list of all the categories?

Also I need to be able to search within categories so that I can pass a search string as well as a category.

I am getting a deprecated response even if I am passing a version string.

https://api.foursquare.com/v2/venues/search?ll=12.90,77.58&limit=20&client_id=123&client_secret=456&v=20101104&intent=browse&radius=3200.00

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
4sqnoob