Tallying real-time checkins to hundreds of similar venues (under same corporation)

Andy Milk

Nov 15, 2011, 12:28:28 PM11/15/11
to foursqu...@googlegroups.com
I'm building a simple app for a client that we'd like to use the Real-Time API for.

My question is:

There could be dozens or hundreds of individual venues.  They are part of a large chain of venues.

How do I go about getting the real-time checkins for all of these venues?  If I know the FourSquare Venue ID for all of them, is there a way I can subscribe to all of them?

Thanks,
Andy

Akshay Patil

Nov 15, 2011, 7:59:10 PM11/15/11
to foursqu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andy,

You'll need to have the venue managers authorize your app, then use the venue push API: dev.foursquare.com/docs/realtime.html

~ak
--
Akshay Patil / Foursquare Platform Evangelist
@akdotcom / @foursquareapi

Andy Milk

Nov 16, 2011, 9:17:31 AM11/16/11
to foursquare API
Thanks Akshay

Is there an upper limit to how many venues can authorize the app?

What if not all of the venues have managers? Can we claim the venues
(since they're part of the corporation)?

Thanks,
Andy

Akshay Patil

Nov 16, 2011, 5:32:47 PM11/16/11
to foursqu...@googlegroups.com
There is not limit on number of venues managed associated with an app.

If the venues don't have a manager, then should reach out to their owners to claim them. The foursquare claim flow has different flows for managers of < 5 venues vs. managers of many venues.

~ak