Get number of checkins per venue per month

ArmanSu

Sep 27, 2011, 10:24:23 PM9/27/11
to foursquare API
I'm CS grad student at Princeton, me and my friend from Economics
department working on a research project for which we need some
economics metrics which we would like to estimate using Foursquare. Is
there a way to use Foursquare API to get the aggregate number of
checkins per venue (during different time intervals: a day, a week, a
month, a year, etc.)? I would suspect this information is only given
to Merchant account owners, but still is there a way this can be done?
Thanks in advance!

Pau Gay

Sep 28, 2011, 12:07:11 PM9/28/11
to foursqu...@googlegroups.com
I'm interested on that as well. I've an approach to get the venues and with the venue information I do have the checkins, so I can keep asking for checkin data each month and try to estimate, but maybe there is a better way to do that ...

Akshay Patil

Sep 29, 2011, 2:27:47 PM9/29/11
to foursqu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Arman,

We only make fine-grade check-in information available to venue managers. If you're only interested in a few venues, you can periodically check their totalCheckins stats, but please do not do this on a large scale.

~ak
--
Akshay Patil / Foursquare Platform Evangelist
@akdotcom / @foursquareapi