Forecast Fox 2.24 disappears

Bill Lizewski

Mar 21, 2014, 12:01:58 PM3/21/14
to forecast...@googlegroups.com
When I place ForecastFox 2.24 on Add-On Bar in FF29.0, it randomly returns to customize group and does not remain on Add-On Bar.  I redo customize and replace FF2.24 on AOBar but this continuously repeats.  Is there anything I'm doing wrong? I know both systems have been recently updated.

billl

Squeeky

Mar 24, 2014, 4:28:44 PM3/24/14
to forecast...@googlegroups.com
I'm having the same issue!

************

Squeeky

Mar 24, 2014, 4:46:40 PM3/24/14
to forecast...@googlegroups.com
Edit:  I'm having the issue that ForecastFox 2.24 disappears from the Add-on Bar.  But it doesn't return to the customize group; it disappears altogether, and I don't know how to restore it.  When it appears, it works great.

***********
Message has been deleted

Gary King

Apr 23, 2014, 2:10:31 PM4/23/14
to forecast...@googlegroups.com
where do you get ForecastFox 2.2.4?

Bryan Price

Apr 24, 2014, 12:02:41 AM4/24/14
to Gary King, forecastfox-users
On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 2:10 PM, Gary King <g19...@gmail.com> wrote:
where do you get ForecastFox 2.2.4?

Umberto Ferrara

Apr 29, 2014, 5:42:55 AM4/29/14

Il giorno venerdì 21 marzo 2014 17:01:58 UTC+1, Bill Lizewski ha scritto:
When I place ForecastFox 2.24 on Add-On Bar in FF29.0, it randomly returns to customize group and does not remain on Add-On Bar.  I redo customize and replace FF2.24 on AOBar but this continuously repeats.  Is there anything I'm doing wrong? I know both systems have been recently updated.

bill

The same problem to me, it  does not remain on Add-On Bar any time I restart Firefox, it disaooera!
FIX IT!

Umberto Ferrara

Apr 29, 2014, 5:44:35 AM4/29/14
to forecast...@googlegroups.com

Il giorno venerdì 21 marzo 2014 17:01:58 UTC+1, Bill Lizewski ha scritto:
When I place ForecastFox 2.24 on Add-On Bar in FF29.0, it randomly returns to customize group and does not remain on Add-On Bar.  I redo customize and replace FF2.24 on AOBar but this continuously repeats.  Is there anything I'm doing wrong? I know both systems have been recently updated.

billl

Sorry I meant it disappeared

Umberto Ferrara

Apr 29, 2014, 6:02:58 AM4/29/14
to forecast...@googlegroups.com

Il giorno venerdì 21 marzo 2014 17:01:58 UTC+1, Bill Lizewski ha scritto:
When I place ForecastFox 2.24 on Add-On Bar in FF29.0, it randomly returns to customize group and does not remain on Add-On Bar.  I redo customize and replace FF2.24 on AOBar but this continuously repeats.  Is there anything I'm doing wrong? I know both systems have been recently updated.

billl

The problem is that it won't stay on the on Add-On Bar in FF29.0 and disappear any time you restart Firefox.

Umberto Ferrara

Apr 29, 2014, 7:30:46 AM4/29/14
to forecast...@googlegroups.com
Please fix it this issue ASAP!

Umberto Ferrara

Apr 30, 2014, 6:10:36 AM4/30/14
to forecast...@googlegroups.com

Thank you for NOT answering, this is rela support!
Message has been deleted

Umberto Ferrara

Apr 30, 2014, 6:12:46 AM4/30/14
to forecast...@googlegroups.com

Thank you for NOT answering, this is real support!!!

Tarquin Kitchen

Apr 30, 2014, 6:16:51 AM4/30/14
to forecast...@googlegroups.com
This seems to be a common occurrence. Whether it's Firefox or Forecastfox's fault who knows but it's driving me and a lot of other users CRAZY.

Happily retired

May 1, 2014, 8:55:15 AM5/1/14
to forecast...@googlegroups.com
Me too!.  I've tried dragging it onto the add-on bar as well as the bar created by the  extra bar created by the "addon bar restored 3.1" extension.  Same behavior.  If this isn't repaired within a week or 2, I'm going to look for a replacement weather forecast extension that works properly with FF29.

Skaene

May 2, 2014, 9:17:16 AM5/2/14
to forecast...@googlegroups.com
I tried restoring to defaults; as someone else said that once they did that, it stayed. However, when I did it, the extension disappeared completely. It's not in the addon bar or in the customizations area.
In regards to a replacement...good luck. I've been looking for months for something that works as well (the radar hasn't been keeping up to date til recently).

Martin H

May 3, 2014, 1:10:02 AM5/3/14
to forecast...@googlegroups.com
It was my suggestion to restore the defaults.  As soon as I clicked on options, it displayed the options page and Forecast Fox disappeared from the Add On Bar as you said.  I then scrolled to the bottom of the options page and clicked the button to Restore Defaults.

At this point, I can't remember if I just dragged it back from the Customize screen or if I removed and reinstalled.  (I tried so many options, they all run together in my memory now.)  But the key was clicking the Restore Default button.

It's still working fine tonight.

Felicia Gribbon

May 3, 2014, 3:51:19 AM5/3/14
to forecast...@googlegroups.com
I'm having this issue as well. I drag forcastfox to the add-on bar, but when I close my browser, it's gone when I open it again.

 I tried the restore to default route, but when I go to the options page, everything on the page seems to be either blank of unresponsive. Is there something I'm missing here? Are the going to fix this nonsense anytime soon?

Tarquin Kitchen

May 3, 2014, 4:43:35 AM5/3/14
to forecast...@googlegroups.com
Same problem here....Managed to resolve it on a laptop so left it a few days to settle down. It is still working on laptop after three days but the disappearing problem has started to happen on one of my PCs....Very annoying to say the least....After all the posts about this subject I would have thought it would have been civil manners for a reply from the designers as to when this problem is going to get sorted!

Misiek To Ja

May 27, 2014, 9:14:51 PM5/27/14
to forecast...@googlegroups.com
I was experiencing just the same issue (disappearing Forecastfox) on one of my computers with Windows 7, the rest was ok.

Anyway I tried different solutions including The Addon Bar (restored), Classic Theme Restorer (Customize Australis) and Status-4-Evar. Unfortunately it didn't help.

Eventually I managed to solve the issue by removing forecastfox.sqlite file and forecastfox directory from my Firefox profile. I lost all my Forecastfox settings, but the rest of the Firefox settings were intact, so no big issue for me. Since then everything works just fine with Forecastfox.

sideburns

Jun 27, 2014, 4:07:52 AM6/27/14
to forecast...@googlegroups.com
I'm running FF30 on Fedora Linux 19, fully updated.  I don't have a forecastfox folder in my profile but I did fine and delete forecastfox.sqlite while FF wasn't running.  No change.  I even tried resetting to defaults and trying to put it on the Addon Bar before configuring it, but no luck.  I can move the little icon to wherever I want, but it just floats back to where it was.  And, if I try to use Customize, there isn't even an icon for Forecastfox any more.

BFox

Jun 27, 2014, 2:13:52 PM6/27/14
to forecast...@googlegroups.com
I started having this problem with Firefox 31.0 beta4 and Forecastfox 2.2.4. I keep the forecast bar on my bookmarks toolbar below the main toolbar, when I open or restart the browser the forecast bar is nowhere to be found. However, I've found that when the bar disappears if I close the browser window and then open a new window the forecast bar comes back. It's still annoying, but it seems to work consistently.

china....@gmail.com

Mar 1, 2015, 12:11:50 PM3/1/15
to forecast...@googlegroups.com
This solved the problem for me, using Forecastfox 2.2.4f (the fix version you can find by Googling Forecastfox fix.  Installing this version did not itself solve the disappearing toolbar problem.)

Using Customize Toolbars drag the Forecastfox icon(s) to the toolbar of your choice.

Right click on the Forecastfox icons and choose Options.  The options page in your chrome file should open.  Click on "Restore Defaults."

Close Firefox and restart.  Again go to Customize Toolbars and drag back to the toolbar.  This time it should stay between sessions.  You will have to reset your options.

Note:  Only edit options using the procedure above:  right clicking the icons in the toolbar.  Editing options doesn't seem to work from the addons page.

It seems the problem is some conflict within profile memory.

P. & C. Kent

Mar 1, 2015, 1:00:27 PM3/1/15
to forecast...@googlegroups.com
In case any of you missed it, I'll post this information again:
Forecastfox 2.2.4 works perfectly well in all recent (Australis)
versions of FF for Windows if you first download the add-on "The Addon
Bar (restored) 3.2". After ensuring that you see that extra (Addon)
space at the bottom of the FF window, install Forecastfox 2.2.4. Then,
"customize" your GUI by dragging the Forecastfox display onto the Addon
bar and "Exit Customize". Forecastfox will function just as it did when
using FF versions prior to the Australis versions. Don't get confused
between the space created by the extension "The Addon Bar (restored)"
and the space created when you elect to use FF's built-in "Add-on bar".
Forecastfox isn't compatible with the built-in Add-on bar.

Oleksandr Popov

Mar 1, 2015, 3:18:13 PM3/1/15
to forecast...@googlegroups.com, kentp...@gmail.com

sideburns

Mar 1, 2015, 6:04:57 PM3/1/15
to forecast...@googlegroups.com, kentp...@gmail.com
I'm using FF 34 under Linux.  When I went to check my add-ons, I had the right version installed, but disabled.  I enabled it, restarted and it showed right up!  Alas, the time zone was off by twelve hours even though the location was right.  I restored defaults, re-entered my home location and it came up correctly.  I'd been using a different add-on to keep track of the weather, but it wasn't as good, and rather sluggish, and I'm glad to get Forecast Fox back.  (I'm not naming the substitute because it's not bad, it's just outclassed.

Mike

Mar 4, 2015, 3:01:09 PM3/4/15
to forecast...@googlegroups.com
Getting a connection error today with 2.2.4f. Anybody else getting that?

Peter Kent

Mar 5, 2015, 9:41:20 AM3/5/15
to Mike, forecast...@googlegroups.com
No problem connecting with (original) 2.2.4 using FF 36.0 with WIN7 64bit.

On Wed, Mar 4, 2015 at 3:00 PM, Mike <grand...@gmail.com> wrote:
Getting a connection error today with 2.2.4f.  Anybody else getting that?

Mike

Mar 5, 2015, 10:27:15 AM3/5/15
to Peter Kent, forecast...@googlegroups.com
Wow, I'm surprised the original 2.2.4 is working for you.  At any rate, my error connecting has stopped and all is well with 2.2.4f now.  Probably an AccuWeather issue the last couple of days.

Shadow Flight

Mar 5, 2015, 11:18:17 AM3/5/15
to Mike, Peter Kent, forecast...@googlegroups.com
I can report the same as Peter.  Almost.

I only very recently switched to the "fixed" version, and then only because I saw more reason not to.  My original was working with very minor difficulties and then only intermittently.

The only difference I can point out is that I use WIN7 32bit.

Regardless, FF2.2.4f is working without any problems for which I have to give Oleksandr a huge vote of thanks.