Wed Meeting: Vegan Fayre! Bake Sale! More!

1 view

Dave Shishkoff

Feb 10, 2012, 4:41:36 PM2/10/12
to FoA Victoria News, Victoria Vegan News List

Hey everyone - got some exciting news coming up, and hopefully you can join us on Wednesday night as we reboot the monthly FoA/Victoria Vegan meetings at Green Cuisine. (Usually the 3rd Wednesday of the month, if you wish to plan ahead.)

We hold them in the 'side' room of the restaurant, meeting begins at 6:30pm, although we book the room at 6pm and welcome people to get a bite to eat and chat a bit beforehand.

We've got a couple exciting events to discuss and plan for:

* 3rd Annual World Vegan Bake Sale Day! April 29th – mark the date!

* A Vegan Fayre (to be held in Market Square) is being discussed for the end of July! Sarah Kramer and Friends of Animals are looking into organizing an event, and we need volunteers to help make it a success - please don't miss this opportunity to help make a big vegan showing here! Please let me know if you’re interested in this if you can’t make the meeting.

We're also happy to announce we've got our new Vegan Starter Guides finished, and printed! Thanks to the efforts of our bake sales, we've (finally!) printed 4,000 for local distribution.  I'll bring along a bunch of these for any who want some to give out. You can preview the pdf at http://TheVictoriaVegan.com/vsg

We'll also be discussing the Greater Victoria Deer Advocates campaign, and any other topics people would like to bring up.

RSVPs appreciated, let me know if we can expect you for the meeting!

PS And a final note, highlighting a little fur activism on Facebook from Thursday night: http://www.friendsofanimals.org/news/2012/february/antifur-protesters-h.html

Dave Shishkoff

Canadian Correspondent

Friends of Animals