Flutter IntelliJ Plugin M55 Release

Steve Messick

Apr 1, 2021, 11:49:19 AM4/1/21
to flutter-...@googlegroups.com

Flutter IntelliJ Plugin M55 Release

Refresh Device List

Sometimes the device list is out of sync with reality. That’s a problem to be fixed some day but for now we added a menu item to manually refresh it.

Early Access Support

The plugin is now available, with limited support, for both Android Studio canary 5+ and IntelliJ beta 2+ builds. These early access versions are where most API changes occur. Sometimes it takes us longer than we would like to adapt to those changes.

Issues Addressed

The change log has the full list, but a few notable ones are:

  • Fix the lost SDK on start up problem. The SDK is selected as part of Flutter project creation but it wasn’t getting set properly when the new project was opened.

  • Disable Android framework detection for Flutter projects.

  • Stop warning that pubspec.yaml is out of date after creating a project.

  • Enable the embedded DevTools inspector by default for MacOS Big Sur.