New Dart DevTools Release 0.9.4

Kenzie Schmoll

Nov 2, 2020, 11:26:37 AM11/2/20
to Flutter Public Announcements (flutter-announce)

DevTools 0.9.4 Release Notes

Dart DevTools - A Suite of Performance Tools for Dart and Flutter

General Updates

  • Give us your feedback by taking the Q4 DevTools survey! When you launch DevTools during the month of November, you will be prompted to take a survey and provide us with valuable feedback to help us improve DevTools.

  • Improved routing allows you to navigate back and forward in the browser as well as refresh without losing which DevTools page you were on.

  • Fixed a bug with the “Expand All” control in the CPU profiler

  • Increased the number of try ports when launching DevTools. If port 9100 is already in use, we will increment the try port until an open port is found.

  • Removed the max zoom level bound for flame charts (e.g. timeline events chart, cpu profiler)

Timeline Updates

  • Added average FPS information and usability improvements to the Flutter frames chart

Memory Updates

  • Fixed and NPE

  • Added improvements for the memory page controls

Network Profiler Updates

  • Call out failed network requests in the network profiler with red error labels

Changelog

More details about changes and fixes are available in our changelog.