Release td-agent 2.1.0 packages

repeatedly

Sep 4, 2014, 11:38:39 PM9/4/14
to flu...@googlegroups.com
Hi users,

We published td-agent 2.1.0 packages. It is a stable version of td-agent 2.
Thanks to users for testing td-agent 2 :)

http://packages.treasuredata.com/

The differences between td-agent 2.x and td-agent 1.x:

- Ruby 2.1.2
- Update core libraries, jemalloc 3.6.0, msgpack 0.5.8, Cool.io 1.2.4 and etc.
- Change installation directory from /usr/{lib,lib64}/fluent to /opt/td-agent
- Add td-agent-gem command
  - If you want to install the plugin, use /usr/sbin/td-agent-gem command
  - I hope this resolve rvm issue
- Use Fluentd v1 configuration by default

We provide convenient install script same as td-agent 1.x.
You can use `curl -L URL | sh` approach with following URLs.

- Redhat / CentOS

http://toolbelt.treasuredata.com/sh/install-redhat-td-agent2.sh

- Ubuntu

NOTE: td-agent 2 is not compatible with td-agent 1.x so
you can't upgrade from td-agent 1.x to td-agent 2.x with upgrade command, e.g. yum update.
So if you want to upgrade on same machine, use "uninstall -> install" and re-install plugin process instead.

Now td-agent 1.x becomes old stable version.
So if you want to start Fluentd, we recommend td-agent 2.

We will update docs.fluentd.org articles with td-agent 2 settings later.

Enjoy Fluentd!

Thanks,
Masahiro

repeatedly

Sep 4, 2014, 11:45:41 PM9/4/14
to flu...@googlegroups.com
We will work on Redhat / CentOS 7 support with systemd.
Please wait.

Kiyoto Tamura

Sep 13, 2014, 11:04:18 PM9/13/14
to flu...@googlegroups.com
The docs.fluentd.org as well as www.fluentd.org have been updated. From now on, td-agent v2 will be the default stable version throughout the documentation (The old installation guide pages are still linked). In particular, please check that

Also, for those curious about the difference between td-agent v1 and v2, please check out this page: docs.fluentd.org/articles/td-agent-v1-vs-v2

(Thanks Clarence/Masa for catching my earlier errors)

Kiyoto

Check out Fluentd, the open source data collector to unify log management.

Todd Derr

Sep 17, 2014, 2:03:05 PM9/17/14
to flu...@googlegroups.com
Thanks - this looks good and I'm glad to see Debian packages even if not officially supported.  Do you plan to release the packaging scripts for v2?

Kiyoto Tamura

Sep 17, 2014, 2:08:31 PM9/17/14
to flu...@googlegroups.com
Todd-

>Do you plan to release the packaging scripts for v2?

Todd Derr

Sep 17, 2014, 2:20:48 PM9/17/14
to flu...@googlegroups.com
Thank you - I looked through your repos and completely missed that!