Bring a Flower on Sunday!

Rev. Amy Freedman

Jun 16, 2017, 6:28:55 AM6/16/17
to First Parish Religious Education
News for Children, Youth and Families:
  • What’s Happening this Sunday, June 18
  • Flower Communion Service
  • Summer Sundays at First Parish
  • Register Children and Youth for 2017-18
  • Join a Religious Exploration Team
  • Pilgrimage to Transylvania- April 2018
What’s Happening this Sunday, June 18
9:45 a.m. – Little RE (0-4yrs)– Lower Level
10:00 a.m. – Flower Communion, Worship Service for All Ages

Flower Communion Service
Sunday, June 18, 10:00 a.m.
Each person is invited to bring a flower to the service. All ages will worship together in the Sanctuary. This will be Ministerial Intern Jan Hutslar's last day with us--you're invited to say goodbye during the Women's Parish Association's Coffee Hour Herb Garden Party right after the worship service. Refreshments will be served.

Next Sunday, June 25: Childcare Only (0-4yrs)– First Parish Parlor

Summer Sundays at First Parish
Children and youth of all ages are invited to drop-in for our fun Summer Program held every Sunday during the service time 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. (except on July 2). *A flyer is attached listing our Summer plans from Animal guests to Yoga. Please sign in your children in the Emerson Room (Upper Level) before the service. Our goal is for your family to feel energized and renewed!

Register Children and Youth for 2017-18
New and returning families are encouraged to register children and youth for the 2017-2018 church year. Our program is year-round but we offer classes by age-group in the Fall, Winter and Spring seasons. Please sign-up today so we can plan and be prepared to welcome your family! Registration for Children and Youth: https://goo.gl/forms/nHIXFXbJUpxRb0B52

Join a Religious Exploration Team
This year teachers will work in teams and each member will volunteer for eight Sundays across the church year. We hope that this new arrangement will give you more flexibility and help develop closer connections between children and co-teachers. Volunteer Sign-up: http://tinyurl.com/ConcordRETeacher2017-18 Links are also on our website. Please contact our Assistant Director of Religious Education, Dawn: dvanp...@firstparish.org or our Minister of Religious Education, Amy: afre...@firstparish.org for more information or to explore the possibilities!

Pilgrimage to Transylvania- April 2018
The Partner Congregation Committee (PCC) and Rev. Amy Freedman, Minister of Religious Education, are excited to announce that, in collaboration with our partner congregation in Székelykeresztúr, next April 2018 is the best time for our multigenerational pilgrimage to Transylvania. The dates are during the school vacation leaving either Thursday or Friday, April 12 or 13 and returning on Monday, April 23, 2018. The cost will be $1800-2200 per person (largely driven by airfares) and we will have the details by fall. This pilgrimage is open to all, individuals and families alike. Scholarship assistance is available by contacting Amy. A $200 per person or $500 per family deposit is due by June 30, 2017. Please make checks payable to First Parish in Concord, Memo: Family Pilgrimage and mail to First Parish in Concord, 20 Lexington Road, Concord, MA 01742 Attn: Family Pilgrimage. Scholarship assistance is available. If you are interested or have questions, contact Amy: afre...@Firstparish.org
Summer 2017 Flyer .docx
This conversation is locked