Happy 200th Birthday Thoreau!

5 katselukertaa
Siirry ensimmäiseen lukemattomaan viestiin

Rev. Amy Freedman

lukematon,
12.7.2017 klo 9.57.0512.7.2017
vastaanottaja First Parish Religious Education

News for Children, Youth and Families:
  • Thoreau Bicentennial Worship Service
  • This Sunday: Creature Teachers
  • Next Sunday: Kids Yoga
  • Environmental Justice Forest Takes Root at General Assembly
  • Summer Sundays at First Parish
  • Join a Religious Exploration Team
  • Register Children and Youth for 2017-18

Thoreau Bicentennial Worship Service

Sunday, July 16, 10:00 a.m.

“A Eulogy for Henry David Thoreau,” sermon by Rev. Howard Dana. Premiere of "The Silent Harp," an original composition by Music Director Elizabeth Henderson Norton, based on Thoreau's Journals, sung by Lauren Bedau Evans. Other music by Kimberly Brainerd, flute, and Mary Jane Rupert, harp. Children's program during the service featuring Creature Teachers. Coffee hour with Thoreau-themed treats provided by the Woman's Parish Association. A copy of Thoreau's sign-off note from First Parish will be on display. Steeple bell on the church green was rung by Thoreau in 1844 (See new bronze marker.). Everyone is cordially invited to attend!

This Sunday: Creature Teachers

July 16, 10:00 - 11:00 a.m., Emerson Room

Come meet your wildlife neighbors! “The Nature of My Backyard” will explore the lives of the creatures living in our own backyards. Meet some of the common animals that we encounter every day, such as porcupine, gray fox, woodchuck, flying squirrel, snapping turtle, milk snake, and more. https://www.thecreatureteachers.com/

Next Sunday: Kids Yoga

Environmental Justice Forest Takes Root at General Assembly

New Orleans, host of the UUA General Assembly this June, was filled with environmental justice creativity and organizing! From an Opening Celebration that featured 10-foot painted trees contributed by UU groups and congregations from across the continent (including two created by First Parish Concord 6th-8th graders) to a Saturday morning worship that included Earth-loving puppet theater, to a nine-workshop track of environmental justice programming contributed to by many frontlines activists, Unitarian Universalists proclaimed throughout General Assembly: "the seas are risingand so are we!" Read More

Summer Sundays at First Parish
Children and youth of all ages are invited to drop-in for our fun Summer Program held every Sunday during the service time 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. *A flyer is attached listing our Summer sessions. Please sign in your children in the Emerson Room (Upper Level) before the service.

Join a Religious Exploration Team
This year teachers will work in teams and each member will volunteer for eight Sundays across the church year. We hope that this new arrangement will give you more flexibility and help develop closer connections between children and co-teachers. Volunteer Sign-up:
http://tinyurl.com/ConcordRETeacher2017-18 Links are also on our website. Please contact Amy: afre...@firstparish.org for more information or to explore the possibilities!

Register Children and Youth for 2017-18
New and returning families are encouraged to register children and youth for the 2017-2018 church year. Our program is year-round but we offer classes by age-group in the Fall, Winter and Spring seasons. Please sign-up today so we can plan and be prepared to welcome your family! Registration for Children and Youth:
https://goo.gl/forms/nHIXFXbJUpxRb0B52

Vastaa kaikille
Vastaa kirjoittajalle
Välitä
Tämä keskustelu on lukittu
Et voi vastata lukittuihin keskusteluihin etkä tehdä niille toimintoja.
0 uutta viestiä