Upcoming Events

Rev. Amy Freedman

Feb 16, 2017, 3:48:39 PM2/16/17
to First Parish Religious Education

Events for Children, Youth and Families:

What’s happening this Sunday, February 12?

Please read below to discover what your child(ren) are exploring this Sunday!

Little RE (0-4yrs) – Lower Level, 9:50 a.m.

Teachers: Heather Packard and Alane Wallis

Teaching Assistants on a rotating schedule:  Talia Aley, Evie Hamor, Olivia Holmes, Rosie Jimenez, Claire Parish-Cowan, Talia Smith, Laura (Nuffi) Wallis

Our youngest children (0-4 years) will play in a caring environment with time for making friends, reading stories, playing outdoors, eating snack, and craft projects. Parents are invited to bring their children to the classroom fifteen minutes before worship service begins (9:45am).

Worship Service –10:00 a.m.

Children in Kindergarten through Grade 6 begin in the Sanctuary with their families.   Following our Children’s Message, the children leave the Sanctuary for their classroom with their teachers. All RE classes are held until 11:15am.  Parents of children 0-Grade 3 are asked to pick up their children in their classrooms listed below.  Older children and youth will be dismissed to Coffee Hour.

Origami Boxes of Hope- Multi-age Workshop, 10:15-11:15 a.m.

with Heather Koerber Nunes, Jake Nunes and Amy Rensko

Following the Children’s Message, all ages will gather in the Emerson Room. What brings us hope when we are feeling sad or discouraged? We will talk about the thoughts, memories or ideas we store up for "winter" or times we are sad.  Then we will create origami boxes and write/draw our memories or happy thoughts to keep inside.

“Hey, let’s put on a show!” Multi-age Workshop

Sunday, February 26, 10:15-11:15 a.m.

with Jane Blumberg, Claudia Nimar and Terry Rothermel

Grub’s Place is a new musical, written and composed by Jane Blumberg, directed by Francene Amari and produced by Claudia Nimar at First Parish in Concord. In this intergenerational musical, set in an ant colony, Grub creates a spot for everyone by commanding compassion rather than conformity. Following the Children’s Message, all ages will meet with Jane, Claudia and Terry (who plays the main character Grub). Come discover what it takes to create a show! Little RE will also be available downstairs for children 0-4 years old.

Youth Drop-in “Office Hours”

Christa Champion, our Youth Programs Director will be available during Coffee Hour on Sunday, February 19 and 26 to meet with youth and adults to meet you and answer questions. She is also available for Coming of Age youth who would like help with their credos. Email: ccha...@firstparish.org

Across the Kitchen Table - Families Divided by Politics

Sunday, March 5th, 11:30am to 1:00pm, The Loft (across from Emerson Room)

The deep divisions in our world challenge us, especially when loved ones disagree on politics.   If you are struggling with how to understand, accept, or make peace with loved ones with different political views, you are not alone.   Please join as we share our struggles, support one another, and decide how best we might help each other move forward.  Please contact Rev. Marion Visel (MVi...@Firstparish.org or 978-369-9602, ext. 414) or Trena Minudri (ab1...@yahoo.com, 617/686-8235) if you plan to attend, or if you are interested in this topic but unavailable March 5.  Drop-ins are welcome.

Coming of Age Service

Sunday, March 12, 10:00 a.m.

Our Coming of Age Service will be the culmination of our 9th grade program.  The youth will present their credos, personal statements of belief to our congregation.  This is always a moving rite of passage.  We encourage children who are in the 5th grade and older to attend that service. All ages are welcome!

Yoga with Laura Grundstrom

Sunday, March 12, 10:15 a.m. – 11:15 a.m.

Following the Children’s Message, there will be a special Yoga session in the Emerson Room for children in Kindergarten through 4th grade who do not wish to stay in the Coming of Age service.  We are delighted to welcome back Laura Grundstrom who is a certified YogaKids teacher.  Some yoga mats will be available.  *If your family has any yoga mats, please bring them to First Parish that morning.  Laura is looking forward to teaching our children and sharing with them her passion for yoga and fun!

ANOTHER WORLD IS POSSIBLE: UU Youth Justice Weekend

Friday, March 17, 7pm- Sunday, March 19, 9:30am, Winchester Unitarian Society

Join UU Youth of the Northeast region for a weekend of trainings, worship, community bonding, and movement building. Youth from First Parish in Concord plan to attend! If you are interested or have any questions, please contact Christa: ccha...@firstparish.org

This conversation is locked