BRAVER/ WISER weekly inspiration!

1 view

Rev. Amy Freedman

May 26, 2017, 11:02:38 AM5/26/17
to First Parish Religious Education

Announcements for Children, Youth and Families:

BRAVER/ WISER weekly inspiration!

Life is full of hard edges and complicated choices. Braver/Wiser gives you weekly message of courage and compassion for life as it is. Every Wednesday the UUA delivers an original written reflection by a contemporary UU religious leader, and brief prayer, grounded in Unitarian Universalism. Join the Braver/Wiser community and sign up today!

What’s happening this Sunday, May 28?

All ages are invited to worship together this Sunday. Our 10:00a.m. service will be family friendly, as Jan Hutslar and her sister, Julie, delve into the gifts and challenges of committed relationships. They will use their own stories, puppets and poetry as examples, and encourage others to find connection with these stories and their own important relationships.

Next Sunday, June 4: RE Classes

RE Registration and Teacher Sign-ups Now Open!

New and returning families are encouraged to register children and youth for the 2017-2018 church year.  Our program is year-round but we offer classes by age-group in the Fall, Winter and Spring seasons. Please sign-up today so we can plan and be prepared to welcome your family!  Registration for Children and Youth: https://goo.gl/forms/nHIXFXbJUpxRb0B52

Our program for children and youth is a cooperative model. We depend on each family signing-up to teach or volunteer to support our RE program.  This year teachers will work in teams and each member will volunteer for eight Sundays across the church year. We hope that this new arrangement will give you more flexibility, and help you develop closer connections to the children and co-teachers. You will receive a follow-up email confirming your assignment.

Volunteer RE Teacher Sign-up: http://tinyurl.com/ConcordRETeacher2017-18

 Links are also on our website: http://firstparish.org/wp/learning/re/

Please contact our Assistant Director of Religious Education, Dawn: dvanp...@firstparish.org or our Minister of Religious Education, Amy: afre...@firstparish.org for more information or to explore the possibilities!

Women’s Wellness Event

Friday June 9, 7:00pm
Join us for a special workshop at First Parish about how we, as women, can maintain our sense of balance, hope, and purpose in the midst of everything that is happening in the world today. Let’s get together to take a collective breath and refocus on what’s important in our own lives. We will be joined by two preeminent women’s empowerment coaches – Amy Smalarz and Paula Greico. There will also be healthy smoothies and a yoga meditation. Sponsored by the Advocates for Women’s Empowerment. Contact Jennifer Izzo: jbi...@hotmail.com.

Rosie’s Place Volunteering
Would you like to cook and serve dinner at Rosie’s Place in Boston on Sunday, June 18 (3:00-5:30 p.m.)?  We are looking for 15 volunteers (adults and teens 12 or older) to participate. Contact Suzie Weaver at skate...@aol.com or 978-369-5352.

2018 Pilgrimage to Transylvania

We are excited to announce that, in collaboration with our partner congregation in Székelykeresztúr, next April 2018 is the best time for our multi-generational pilgrimage to Transylvania.  The dates are during the school vacation leaving either Thursday or Friday, April 12 or 13 and returning on Monday, April 23, 2018. The cost will be $1800-2200 per person (largely driven by airfares) and we will have the details by fall.  This pilgrimage is open to all, individuals and families alike. A $200 per person or $500 per family deposit is due by June 30, 2017.  Please make checks payable to First Parish in Concord, Memo: Pilgrimage and mail to First Parish in Concord, 20 Lexington Road, Concord, MA 01742 Attn: Pilgrimage. Scholarship assistance is available. If you are interested or have questions, contact Amy: afre...@firstparish.org

This conversation is locked