First Parish Calendar This Week/Next Week (July 25-Aug. 7)

FirstParishInConcord

Jul 25, 2016, 1:18:19 PM7/25/16
to Firstparis...@googlegroups.com
=    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =
CALENDAR AT A GLANCE

Wednesday, July 27
    9:30 a.m., Buddhist Group
Thursday, July 28
    7:30 p.m., Buddhist Group
Sunday, July 31
    10:00 a.m., Summer Worship
    10:00 a.m., Children & Youth Program in the Emerson Room
    11:15 a.m., Drop-In Small Group Ministry
Monday, August 1
    1:00 p.m., Small Group Ministry Steering Committee
Wednesday, August 3
    9:30 a.m., Buddhist Group
Thursday, August 4
    7:30 p.m., By Your Side Singers
    7:30 p.m., Buddhist Group
Sunday, August 7
    10:00 a.m., Summer Worship
    10:00 a.m., Children & Youth Program in the Chapel
    11:15 a.m., Drop-In Small Group Ministry

=    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =
THIS WEEK (July 25-31)

* Buddhist Group
Wednesday, July 27, 9:30 a.m.
Come explore Buddhism with us Wednesdays from 9:30-11:00 a.m. in the chapel. Even if you have no previous experience with Buddhism, consider joining one of these groups. A typical session usually starts with some chanting and meditation to help us calm our minds and focus our thoughts. Then, after a brief reading or lecture, we discuss how to apply what we have learned to our daily lives. Questions are always welcome. We are a friendly, welcoming group. Check out a session or two.

* Buddhist Group
Thursday, July 28, 7:30 p.m.

* Summer Worship
Sunday, July 31, 10:00 a.m.
Rev. Joanna Lubkin, UU Chaplain, Wellesley College: “Prayer for Atheists”
Music: Pamela Schweppe, soprano; Mary Jane Rupert, keyboard
Liturgist: Rev. Marion Visel

* Children & Youth Program in the Emerson Room
Sunday, July 31, 10:00 a.m.
KidsYoga with Laura Grundstrom: Children and youth are invited to stretch, find their balance and enjoy moving with yoga poses and games. No experience necessary. You are welcome to bring a yoga mat if you have one. Laura is looking forward to connecting kids with their natural passion for yoga and fun.

* Drop-In Small Group Ministry
Sunday, July 31, 11:15 a.m. in the Chapel
Come and find out what Small Group Ministry is all about by participating in a session, and get to know a few folks better. No need to sign up, just show up!

=    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =
NEXT WEEK (August 1-7)

* Small Group Ministry Steering Committee
Monday, August 1, 1:00 p.m.

* Buddhist Group
Wednesday, August 3, 9:30 a.m.

* By Your Side Singers
Thursday, August 4, 7:30 p.m.

* Buddhist Group
Thursday, August 4, 7:30 p.m.
During the month of August, the Thursday Buddhist Group will meet off site. Please email vbra...@gmail.com for directions to the August location.

* Summer Worship
Sunday, August 7, 10:00 a.m.
Matt Meyer, percussionist and friend of First Parish: “Rhythm Revelations”
Music: Matt Meyer, percussion; Rob Humphreville, keyboard
Liturgist: Rev. Marion Visel

* Children & Youth Program in the Chapel
Sunday, August 7, 10:00 a.m.
Drumming with Tom Foote: Rhythm Kids will bring the drums and the fun for a wild journey. Children enjoy 45 minutes drumming, improvisation, and lots of movement and silliness as they prepare to form their own village-style drum circle. We like to bring enough drums for children to have their own or to share with another drumming buddy. With any Rhythm Kids program, get ready to sing, dance, drum and play!

* Drop-In Small Group Ministry
Sunday, August 7, 11:15 a.m.

EVERY WEEK

* Buddhist Group
Every Wednesday at 9:30 a.m.
Every Thursday at 7:30 p.m.
Come explore Buddhism with us Wednesdays from 9:30-11:00 a.m. (or Thursdays from 7:30-9:00 p.m.). Even if you have no previous experience with Buddhism, consider joining one of these groups. A typical session usually starts with some chanting and meditation to help us calm our minds and focus our thoughts. Then, after a brief reading or lecture, we discuss how to apply what we have learned to our daily lives. Questions are always welcome. We are a friendly, welcoming group. Check out a session or two.

If a link above does not connect you to the target page, please copy and paste the link into your browser’s address bar.