Bryan Hamlin: “Darwin as a Person”

FirstParishinConcord

Mar 30, 2018, 1:39:36 PM3/30/18
to firstparis...@googlegroups.com

Bryan Hamlin: “Darwin as a Person”

Wednesday, April 4, 7:00 p.m.

Hamlin commenced university in 1959—centennial year of the publication of Charles Darwin’s Origin of Species. Aware of this he studied early life forms, majoring in microbiology. What was Darwin like as a person? We will look at his family life, friendships, his health struggles. What did he believe, and how does his scientific work stand the test of time? We will also discuss Darwin’s links with the United States, including Boston area. This event is sponsored by the First Parish Humanist Council.