April History Hikes With Rev. Howard N. Dana

FirstParishinConcord

Mar 23, 2017, 2:49:09 PM3/23/17
to firstparis...@googlegroups.com

April History Hikes With Rev. Howard N. Dana
There will be a series of walks in and around historic Unitarian and Universalist sites. No sign-up needed. Suitable for adults and children. Participants must be able to walk at a reasonable pace for 1 to 2 miles on flat ground. For each outing, we will carpool from First Parish in Concord at 9:30 a.m.  All hikes will end by 2:00 p.m. for our return to Concord. If you wish to meet us at the hike, you are welcome to do so. All are welcome. All hikes are rain or shine—come dressed for the weather.
Saturday, April 1—Fruitlands
Travel to the 19th Century Unitarian utopian community just west of Concord. $10 entrance fee required. Picnic lunch there—bring your own bag lunch.
Saturday, April 8—Boston Common
Starting at the Park Street Church corner, we will walk to historically significant places near Boston Common, visiting churches and statues. Free. Lunch purchased on your own—or bring your own bag lunch.
Saturday, April 15—Mount Auburn Cemetery—Cambridge
Visit the graves of many famous Unitarians and Universalists in this lovely cemetery. Free. Picnic lunch nearby—bring your own bag lunch.
Saturday, April 29—Concord Center
A short walking tour of Concord Center will end with a visit to the Concord Museum. $10 entrance fee required. Picnic lunch at First Parish—bring your own bag lunch.