Sarasa Concert: Trainspotting

FirstParishinConcord

Mar 24, 2017, 2:57:37 PM3/24/17
to firstparis...@googlegroups.com

Sarasa Concert
Sunday, March 26, 7:00 p.m.

The Music Events Committee presents another concert in this year’s Sarasa Chamber Music Series: Trainspotting. All aboard for Sarasa's special tour of train-inspired music in our March concert set, including works by 19th century train enthusiast Antonin Dvorák and Steve Reich's very personal account of train travel in the 20th century.  Biber's wonderfully exuberant violin sonata No. 3 from the 1660s, composed some 100 years before trains were even invented, anticipates those very sounds we imagine when a locomotive chugs along its route. Tickets are available online or at the door. For information, contacts, and tickets, visit sarasamusic.org.