Small Group Ministry Sessions

FirstParishinConcord

Feb 14, 2018, 2:59:27 PM2/14/18
to firstparis...@googlegroups.com

“Mindful Matters” (4 sessions)
Wednesdays: March 7, March 21, April 11, April 25
10:00 a.m. to noon, in the Brooks Room
Have you wondered what mindfulness really means? Does your mind feel too busy like the rest of your life? Have you ever noticed that your mind judges or can be harsh and wondered if you could benefit from some simple meditation? Are you curious to explore how mindfulness, loving kindness, acceptance, and letting go might be related? Come explore these mindful matters and how they might relate to your daily life. There will be a short meditation at the beginning of each session. Facilitated by Francie Nolde and Dana Snyder-Grant. Sign up on the clipboard in the front office, or contact Rev. Marion Visel at mvi...@firstparish.org or 203-931-5239.

“Life’s Passages” (4 sessions)
Tuesdays: March 6, March 20, April 3, April 17, 7:00 - 9:00 p.m.
People are taking longer to grow up and much longer to die. The old demarcations and descriptions of adulthood are out of date. How are we to make sense of and integrate life’s passages as we move from transition to transition? This group will explore our past, present, and future: who we were as children, young adults, in mid-life, and as seniors. Facilitated by Mary-Wren vander Wilden. Sign up on the clipboard in the front office, or contact Rev. Marion Visel at mvi...@firstparish.org or 203-931-5239.