First Parish Calendar This Week/Next Week (November 20-December 3)

FirstParishinConcord

Nov 20, 2017, 3:52:52 PM11/20/17
to firstparis...@googlegroups.com

CALENDAR AT A GLANCE
Monday November 20
   7:30 p.m., Environmental Leadership Team
Tuesday November 21
   4:00 p.m., Beginner Ukulele Class
   7:00 p.m., NAMI Family to Family
   7:45 p.m., Adult Choir Rehearsal
Wednesday November 22
   9:30 a.m., Buddhist Group
Thursday November 23
   Thanksgiving Holiday
Friday November 24
   Day After Thanksgiving Holiday
Sunday November 26
   9:00 a.m., Chalice Choir Rehearsal
   9:00 a.m., Gospel Choir Rehearsal
   10:00 a.m., Sunday Service in the Sanctuary
   11:30 a.m., Junior Choir Rehearsal
   12:15 p.m., Contemporary Vocal Ensemble
Monday November 27
   11:30 a.m., Partnership Meeting
Tuesday November 28
   10:30 a.m., Small Group Ministry
   4:00 p.m., Beginner Ukulele Class
   6:30 p.m., T'ai Chi
   7:00 p.m., NAMI Family to Family
Wednesday November 29
   9:30 a.m., Buddhist Group
   7:00 p.m., Reclaiming Our Democracy
   7:45 p.m., Adult Choir Rehearsal
Thursday November 30
   7:30 p.m., Buddhist Group
Friday December 1
   6:30 p.m., AWE Movie Night
Saturday December 2
   1:30 p.m., Children's Crafts Workshop
Sunday December 3
   9:00 a.m., Chalice Choir Rehearsal
   9:00 a.m., Gospel Choir Rehearsal
   10:00 a.m., First Sunday in Advent Service
   11:30 a.m., Junior Choir Rehearsal
   12:15 p.m., Contemporary Vocal Ensemble
   3:00 p.m., WPA Holiday Concert and Tea
   4:30 p.m., Small Group Ministry

=    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =
THIS WEEK (November 20-26)
*Environmental Leadership Team
Monday November 20, 7:30 p.m.

*Beginner Ukulele Class
Tuesday November 21, 4:00 p.m.

*NAMI Family to Family
Tuesday November 21, 7:00 p.m.

*Adult Choir Rehearsal
Tuesday November 21, 7:45 p.m.

*Buddhist Group
Wednesday November 22, 9:30 a.m.
Come explore Buddhism with us Wednesdays from 9:30-11:00 a.m. (or Thursdays from 7:30-9:00 p.m.). Even if you have no previous experience with Buddhism, consider joining one of these groups. A typical session usually starts with some chanting and meditation to help us calm our minds and focus our thoughts. Then, after a brief reading or lecture, we discuss how to apply what we have learned to our daily lives. Questions are always welcome. We are a friendly, welcoming group. Check out a session or two. Contact Bill Seaver at Bill....@gmail.com.

*Thanksgiving Holiday
Thursday November 23
The First Parish office will be closed in observation of the Thanksgiving Holiday.

*Day After Thanksgiving Holiday
Friday November 24
The First Parish office will be closed for the Thanksgiving Holiday weekend.

*Chalice Choir Rehearsal
Sunday November 26, 9:00 a.m.

*Gospel Choir Rehearsal
Sunday November 26, 9:00 a.m.

*Sunday Service in the Sanctuary
Sunday November 26, 10:00 a.m.
Rev. Jo VonRue: "Preaching with the Stars"
Music: Pamela Schweppe, soprano

*Junior Choir Rehearsal
Sunday November 26, 11:30 a.m.

*Contemporary Vocal Ensemble
Sunday November 26, 12:15 p.m.

=    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =
NEXT WEEK (November )
*Partnership Meeting
Monday November 27, 11:30 a.m.

*Small Group Ministry
Tuesday November 28, 10:30 a.m.

*Beginner Ukulele Class
Tuesday November 28, 4:00 p.m.

*T'ai Chi
Tuesday November 28, 6:30 p.m.

*NAMI Family to Family
Tuesday November 28, 7:00 p.m.

*Buddhist Group
Wednesday November 29, 9:30 a.m.

*Reclaiming Our Democracy
Wednesday November 29, 7:00 p.m.

*Adult Choir Rehearsal
Wednesday November 29, 7:45 p.m.

*Buddhist Group
Thursday November 30, 7:30 p.m.

*AWE Movie Night
Friday December 1, 6:30 p.m.
We will be showing "Eagle Huntress," a documentary film about Aishol-pan, a 13-year-old girl, who trains to become the first female in 12 generations of her Kazakh family to become an eagle hunter. She rises to the pinnacle of a tradition that has been handed down from father to son for centuries. Many old Kazakh eagle hunters vehemently reject the idea of any female taking part in their ancient tradition, but Aishol-pan's father, believes that a girl can do anything a boy can, as long as she's determined. Free and open to all (men, women, people of all gender identities and expressions). No RVSP required. Contact Lou Toussaint at mlouto...@gmail.com.

*Children's Crafts Workshop
Saturday December 2, 1:30 p.m.
First Parish children are invited to spend a cozy afternoon creating beautiful handmade gifts for the holidays, with the help of an intergenerational community of adult and teen helper elves. Children do not need to register; just show up! Cost: $15 per child, $45 max per family.

*Chalice Choir Rehearsal
Sunday December 3, 9:00 a.m.

*Gospel Choir Rehearsal
Sunday December 3, 9:00 a.m.

*First Sunday in Advent Service
Sunday December 3, 10:00 a.m.
Rev. Jo VonRue: "Preaching with the Stars"
Music: Pamela Schweppe, soprano

*Junior Choir Rehearsal
Sunday December 3, 11:30 a.m.

*Contemporary Vocal Ensemble
Sunday December 3, 12:15 p.m.

*WPA Holiday Concert and Tea
Sunday December 3, 3:00 p.m.
Our Holiday Concert and Tea on December 3 will add special sparkle to your holiday season. It features award-winning classical pianist Julia Zhou, who was a recent runner-up in the Concord Orchestra’s Young Artist Competition. The concert begins at 3:00 p.m., followed by a festive tea. There’s no charge for this event. Bring a plate of sweets to share, if you wish. Bring family and friends for a delightful afternoon! Reservations are not required, but greatly appreciated for planning purposes. Contact the office at 978-369-9602, or Dian Pekin at pek...@comcast.net by December 1 for reservations. All are warmly invited.

*Small Group Ministry
Sunday December 3, 4:30 p.m.