First Parish Calendar This Week/Next Week (July 17-30)

FirstParishinConcord

Jul 17, 2017, 3:32:08 PM7/17/17
to firstparis...@googlegroups.com

CALENDAR AT A GLANCE
Wednesday July 19
   9:30 a.m., Buddhist Group
Thursday July 20
   7:00 p.m., Membership Committee Meeting
   7:30 p.m., By Your Sides Singers
   7:30 p.m., Buddhist Group
Sunday July 23
   10:00 a.m., Sunday Service in the Sanctuary
   10:00 a.m., Summer Sundays for Children and Youth
Wednesday July 26
   9:30 a.m., Buddhist Group
Thursday July 27
   7:30 p.m., Buddhist Group
Friday July 28
   7:30 p.m., Rise Up Singing
Sunday July 30
   10:00 a.m., Sunday Service in the Sanctuary
   10:00 a.m., Summer Sundays for Children and Youth
   11:15 a.m., Drop-In Small Group Ministry

=    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =
 THIS WEEK (July 17-23)
*Buddhist Group
Wednesday July 19, 9:30 a.m.
Come explore Buddhism with us Wednesdays from 9:30-11:00 a.m. (or Thursdays from 7:30-9:00 p.m.). Even if you have no previous experience with Buddhism, consider joining one of these groups. A typical session usually starts with some chanting and meditation to help us calm our minds and focus our thoughts. Then, after a brief reading or lecture, we discuss how to apply what we have learned to our daily lives. Questions are always welcome. We are a friendly, welcoming group. Check out a session or two. Contact Bill Seaver at Bill....@gmail.com.

*Membership Committee Meeting
Thursday July 20, 7:00 p.m.
The members of the Membership Committee are dedicated to making sure every person feels welcomed with a smile and given the information they need. After someone signs the book, we assign each new member a mentor to help him or her integrate into the First Parish community. Our meetings are short and fun. If you would like to join the Membership Committee, please contact either Karen Sullivan at cons...@verizon.net or 978-760-6844, or Suzanne Lowe at suzanne.ca...@gmail.com.

*By Your Sides Singers
Thursday July 20, 7:30 p.m.
Through singing, we offer a musical presence to people seeking comfort and support during times of illness or transition. In our twice monthly meetings we sing gentle songs and chants from our hymnals and other sources. In singing meditation we provide gentle support and comfort to one another. When invited, we visit parishioners’ homes in groups of 3 or 4 singers.

*Buddhist Group
Thursday July 20, 7:30 p.m.

*Sunday Service in the Sanctuary
Sunday July 23, 10:00 a.m.
Rev. Jim Sherblom: "Human Flourishing"
Music: The Conchords; Mary Jane Rupert, flute

*Summer Sundays for Children and Youth
Sunday July 16, 10:00 a.m.
"Kids Yoga," with Laura Grundstrom.

=    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =
NEXT WEEK (July 24-30)
*Buddhist Group
Wednesday July 26, 9:30 a.m.

*Buddhist Group
Thursday July 27, 7:30 p.m.

*Rise Up Singing
Friday July 28, 7:30 p.m.
First Parish’s monthly song circle. Singers and instrumentalists of all ages are welcome at this fun and informal evening of shared music making. Bring copies of Rise Up Singing and Rise Again if you have them. Copies will be available for those who don’t. We will pass the hat for a free-will donation to cover the cost of the room and a sexton.

*Sunday Service in the Sanctuary
Sunday July 30, 10:00 a.m.
Sean Kavanagh: "Fall Risk: How My Near Fatal Bike Accident Taught Me to Live."
Music:Jane Barnes & Co.; David Owens, keyboard

*Summer Sundays for Children and Youth
Sunday July 30, 10:00 a.m.
"Afro-Brazilian Drumming," with Marcus Santos

*Drop-In Small Group Ministry
Sunday July 30, 11:15 a.m.
Following this Sunday's service, join a trained facilitator for a Small Group experience from 11:00 to 11:45 a.m. The theme for these groups is, “Unexpected Learnings that Morph into Transformation.” Get to know a few people better while exploring your own path! Other opportunities to experience Small Group Ministry this summer include drop-in Small Group Ministry meetings which follow the services on Sundays, August 13 and September 10, from 11:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. in the Brooks Room.