Firebug 2.0.17

Jan Honza Odvarko

Jun 8, 2016, 7:02:58 AM6/8/16
to Firebug

Russ Kitchen

Jun 20, 2016, 2:17:36 AM6/20/16
to Firebug

On Wednesday, June 8, 2016 at 4:02:58 AM UTC-7, Jan Honza Odvarko wrote:

Hi Honza,

How strange it is that I am the only person replying!

I apologize in advance if this is not the appropriate group / forum for my comments / questions but -

Since the upgrade to Firefox 47.0 and / or Firebug 2.0.17 (they both occurred at nearly the same time), the much beloved "HTML5" tab is gone. It used to be possible to click that tab and then the "Local Storage" tab, then right click and choose "delete all local storage", which would delete all local storage across all domains.

Has this feature been moved? Do I need another add-on / plugin?

And while I'm at it (OT, I know...) Now in Firefox 47.0, when I attempt to clear the browser cache, it no longer displays "0", but now it shows anywhere from 100 KB to 500 KB remaining, regardless of how many times I click the "Clear Now" button. ( Preferences - Advanced - Network - Cached Web Content - "Clear Now")

Again, sorry if this is not the correct outlet for my questions / comments but I was directed here via links posted by the Firebug Team.

Thanks in Advance!

Best,
Russ

Jan Honza Odvarko

Jun 20, 2016, 2:32:46 AM6/20/16
to Firebug

On Monday, June 20, 2016 at 8:17:36 AM UTC+2, Russ Kitchen wrote:

On Wednesday, June 8, 2016 at 4:02:58 AM UTC-7, Jan Honza Odvarko wrote:

Hi Honza,
Hi Russ,

How strange it is that I am the only person replying!
This is just maintenance release so, not big publicity.

I apologize in advance if this is not the appropriate group / forum for my comments / questions but -
This is the right forum for Firebug related questions.

Since the upgrade to Firefox 47.0 and / or Firebug 2.0.17 (they both occurred at nearly the same time), the much beloved "HTML5" tab is gone. It used to be possible to click that tab and then the "Local Storage" tab, then right click and choose "delete all local storage", which would delete all local storage across all domains.
Hm... I am not sure what is "HTML5" tab. Firebug doesn't implement such tab.
There is only "HTML" tab and I can see it in my Firebug.
Can you attach a screenshot of that tab?

Has this feature been moved? Do I need another add-on / plugin?
No feature removed.

And while I'm at it (OT, I know...) Now in Firefox 47.0, when I attempt to clear the browser cache, it no longer displays "0", but now it shows anywhere from 100 KB to 500 KB remaining, regardless of how many times I click the "Clear Now" button. ( Preferences - Advanced - Network - Cached Web Content - "Clear Now")
I noticed that too, try to click the Clear button more times.
You might also want to ask on dev platform newsgroup:
https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!forum/mozilla.dev.platform

Honza

Russ Kitchen

Jun 20, 2016, 11:36:23 PM6/20/16
to Firebug

On Sunday, June 19, 2016 at 11:32:46 PM UTC-7, Jan Honza Odvarko wrote:

On Monday, June 20, 2016 at 8:17:36 AM UTC+2, Russ Kitchen wrote:

On Wednesday, June 8, 2016 at 4:02:58 AM UTC-7, Jan Honza Odvarko wrote:

Hi Honza,
Hi Russ,

Hi Honza,

Thanks for taking the time to reply!

How strange it is that I am the only person replying!
This is just maintenance release so, not big publicity.

I apologize in advance if this is not the appropriate group / forum for my comments / questions but -
This is the right forum for Firebug related questions.

Since the upgrade to Firefox 47.0 and / or Firebug 2.0.17 (they both occurred at nearly the same time), the much beloved "HTML5" tab is gone. It used to be possible to click that tab and then the "Local Storage" tab, then right click and choose "delete all local storage", which would delete all local storage across all domains.
Hm... I am not sure what is "HTML5" tab. Firebug doesn't implement such tab.
There is only "HTML" tab and I can see it in my Firebug.
Can you attach a screenshot of that tab?

Unfortunately, I don't think I've ever taken a screenshot of it.

In the previous release of Firebug, when I would activate the Firebug button at the top right of my browser, the Firebug panel would pop up from the bottom of the browser. There would be a row of tabs at the top (as there still is), Console, HTML, CSS etc.

The tab that was the last one (furthest to the right) was, I _thought_ called HTML5. If that tab were selected, there were 3 "sub-tabs" that would appear below: I'm going to have to paraphrase here, kind of describe their functionality, as I might not remember the exact names: one was for HTML5 Local Storage that only displayed the local storage belonging to the domain that was in the address bar above, the second tab was for session storage, and the third would display all local storage for all domains.

I would often select the third tab (several times daily), right click anywhere in the list below and clear ALL HTML5 local storage.

Would it be possible for me to roll back my version of Firebug? I would gladly post a screenshot of what I'm describing.

Best,
Russ

Russ Kitchen

Jun 21, 2016, 12:51:06 AM6/21/16
to Firebug

Hi Honza (once more!)

I have figured out what happened:

When Firebug was updated in my browser the last time, somehow I lost my FirestoragePlus extension!

Of course, I have re-installed it and the familiar interface is now back and I am happy!

Thank you again for your time and effort!

Best,
Russ

Message has been deleted

Luna Jernberg

Jun 27, 2016, 3:23:04 PM6/27/16
to Firebug
Hello, cool we are using this at work http://www.tibble.nu Tibble Gymnasium for Web coding and Web Design courses i heard some rumors over the Mozilla Telegram groups Firebug is gonna stop being support and be replaced by https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/developer/ instead is this true ? or just something some people think anything i can tell the teacher after summer when everyone is back ?

Birger Sørensen

Jun 27, 2016, 4:54:08 PM6/27/16
to Firebug
Hi.

Firebug is an indispensible tool when developing web tools.
There is no other way to actualy make sure your tools are actually working as intended.
You should try it.

Lately it's been harder and harder tho....
Open 2, 3 or 8 FF windows at different sites.
Then try singlestepping through a functin in js, and watch FF windows fly around - presumably to make sure you do NOT see the effect of the js on the page you are acually trying to debug.
Definitely hope this is not by design, and the behavior will eventually be corrected to something usefull - like keeping the window and tab you are woring on focused, for instance...

It's been like that through a copule of versions, now.
Pain in the b...

Kindly
Birger Sørensen

Birger Sørensen

Jun 27, 2016, 4:56:09 PM6/27/16
to Firebug
Forgot to mention...
FB 2.0.17
FF 47.0
Win7 64bit

Sebastian Zartner

Jun 27, 2016, 6:19:40 PM6/27/16
to Firebug
Hi Luna,

this blog post should answer your question:
https://blog.getfirebug.com/2016/06/07/unifying-firebug-firefox-devtools/

Sebastian

Sebastian Zartner

Jun 27, 2016, 6:30:00 PM6/27/16
to Firebug
Hi Birger,

I suggest you try out the Firefox DevTools. They don't have this issue.

Note that Firebug won't work anymore once the multi-process Firefox gets shipped, but instead the Firefox DevTools will have an additional Firebug theme instead starting from Firefox 48. See the blog post I linked to in my previous mail for more info.

Sebastian