Firefox 49 and Firebug 3

Ghiamar

Sep 23, 2016, 9:39:29 AM9/23/16
to Firebug
Hi, today I received the Firefox 49 upgrade through and update of my Ubuntu x64 box.

Is there anything else I should do to get firebug 3? I have only  the firebug theme, but no dom console.

Thanks in advise!

Jan Honza Odvarko

Sep 23, 2016, 10:03:13 AM9/23/16
to Firebug
Note that Firebug 3 has been integrated into Firefox built-in tools
https://blog.getfirebug.com/2016/06/07/unifying-firebug-firefox-devtools/

Honza

Sebastian Zartner

Sep 23, 2016, 4:07:17 PM9/23/16
to Firebug
The DOM panel is now integrated into the Firefox DevTools, too, though you need to enable it via the settings first.

Sebastian

Lawrence San

Sep 23, 2016, 5:08:08 PM9/23/16
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Sebastian. I was wondering where the DOM panel went. Now
​it's back!

I still have a few questions about the new interface...

In the Debugger panel, there's a column on the left with tabs for Sources or Call Stack.

Is there some way to toggle (hide) the
​ whole​
Sources/Call Stack column
​, so that only the main part of the debugger is showing​
?

Is there some way to restrict Sources to my actual pages? Right now it's also showing me stuff for linkvisitor (an extension I have installed) and for an "Add-on SDK" related to "content-worker.js". To me that stuff is just clutter; the only sources I want to see are for my own files. Any way to do that?

I looked for the answers on a Debugger documentation page but didn't see them mentioned...

Sebastian Zartner

Sep 25, 2016, 6:44:47 PM9/25/16
to Firebug
On Friday, September 23, 2016 at 11:08:08 PM UTC+2, San wrote:
Thanks, Sebastian. I was wondering where the DOM panel went. Now
​it's back!

I still have a few questions about the new interface...

In the Debugger panel, there's a column on the left with tabs for Sources or Call Stack.

Is there some way to toggle (hide) the
​ whole​
Sources/Call Stack column
​, so that only the main part of the debugger is showing​
?

I don't think so, but the Debugger panel UI is currently reworked anyway. So, you may ask for it here:
https://github.com/devtools-html/debugger.html

Is there some way to restrict Sources to my actual pages? Right now it's also showing me stuff for linkvisitor (an extension I have installed) and for an "Add-on SDK" related to "content-worker.js". To me that stuff is just clutter; the only sources I want to see are for my own files. Any way to do that?

I was wondering about that myself. To me it looks rather like a bug. I suggest you create a bug report for that.

Note: As Firebug is integrated into the DevTools now, questions should better be directed to the Firefox DevTools team, e.g. via IRC.

Sebastian