Re: Firebug 1.10.3 very slow on Firefox 15.0.1, Ubuntu 12.04-x64

Jan Honza Odvarko

Sep 13, 2012, 4:00:59 AM9/13/12
to Firebug
Does the problem happen if you have Console, Script and Net panel
disabled?
Honza

On Sep 12, 11:53 pm, Jonathan Vargas <jvar...@alkaid.cr> wrote:
> When enabled, Firebug makes any website interaction VERY slow, almost
> unusable. This never happened to me using previous Firebug and Firefox
> versions on the same system.
>
> Is there a known issue causing this?

Sebastian Zartner

Sep 17, 2012, 7:43:14 AM9/17/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Валерий, Cecilia, did you both try to disable the Console, Script and Net panel?

@Cecilia:
Note that Firefox crashes need to be reported to Mozilla, not to us. Though you can post us a backlink to your report here.

Sebastian

boteeka

Oct 9, 2012, 7:38:50 AM10/9/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
I have tried disabling both Console, Script and Net panels and then it feels much faster.
After trying to re-enable them one-by-one what I have found is that the Net panel does not make any difference, but both Console and Script panels make Firebug slow down a lot: both when enabled together and also separately.

Sebastian Zartner

Oct 10, 2012, 4:22:38 PM10/10/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
I have tried disabling both Console, Script and Net panels and then it feels much faster.
After trying to re-enable them one-by-one what I have found is that the Net panel does not make any difference, but both Console and Script panels make Firebug slow down a lot: both when enabled together and also separately.
Ok, that's obviously related to JSD (the Firefox internal debugger API). Can the others confirm that?

Sebastian

John Corrigan

Oct 11, 2012, 2:54:14 PM10/11/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Sorry,

This was on a Windows 7x64 machine.

John Corrigan

Oct 16, 2012, 1:31:06 PM10/16/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Firebug 1.11.0a4 does not seem to have this issue :)

Sebastian Zartner

Oct 16, 2012, 5:26:58 PM10/16/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the info, John!

Sebastian

boteeka

Oct 17, 2012, 6:42:09 AM10/17/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
For me even Firebug 1.11.0a4 still have this problem => it is unusable like this :-(

Sebastian Zartner

Nov 21, 2012, 1:26:33 PM11/21/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
I created issue 6086 to cover this now. Though I don't have a good test case for this yet. So while I'll investigate this more, feel free to provide a better test case (using a fresh Firefox profile).

Sebastian

On Saturday, November 10, 2012 7:52:59 PM UTC+1, paddelboot wrote:
Same here, Ubuntu 12.04, Firebug 1.10.6, Firefox 16.0.2.

Opening a tab where Firebug is active takes about one second which is far too slow, opening the debug window at the bottom of the screen is just the same.

Paddelboot