Firebug 1.12.2

Jan Honza Odvarko

Sep 26, 2013, 2:46:53 AM9/26/13
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Firebug 1.12.2 has been released

http://bit.ly/15uRrO7

Honza

pd

Sep 26, 2013, 10:34:01 PM9/26/13
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for another release everyone, really appreciate the continued hard work put in with the Firebug.

Don't want to pollute this thanks message with a query but do we have any update on the tab-switching lag? I'll say no more, but I really would like to, and it would be colourful and directed at Mozilla rather than the Firebugians.

Sebastian Zartner

Sep 27, 2013, 2:25:14 AM9/27/13
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for another release everyone, really appreciate the continued hard work put in with the Firebug.
Thanks for the thanks! :-)

Don't want to pollute this thanks message with a query but do we have any update on the tab-switching lag? I'll say no more, but I really would like to, and it would be colourful and directed at Mozilla rather than the Firebugians.
We added an entry to our FAQ, which should some details on this. Short summary: Quick fix needs to come from Mozilla, long term fix will be switching to JSD2.

Sebastian

pd

Sep 27, 2013, 6:51:09 AM9/27/13
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Sebastian

The work of the Firebug team is incredibly valuable. I very much appreciate it on an hourly basis every day. I just wish Mozilla management would pull their proverbial finger out as naturally switching Firebug to the new JS Debugger would be substantial work in scope.

Just quickly, would disabling the Script panel in Firebug also be a immediate-term workaround? I must admit I use the HTML and CSS tabs more than the JS tabs. My JS needs are not hard core enough to need much in the way of a debugger at this point.

Thanks again, you and everyone involved in Firebug are legends.

pd

Sebastian Zartner

Sep 27, 2013, 2:14:25 PM9/27/13
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Just quickly, would disabling the Script panel in Firebug also be a immediate-term workaround?
Yes, that speeds up everything. It's also mentioned in the FAQ I linked before.

Sebastian