Firebug 1.10a3

Jan Honza Odvarko

Feb 10, 2012, 11:34:15 AM2/10/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com

steveapple

Feb 17, 2012, 5:54:32 AM2/17/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks,
Firebug 1.10a3 and previous version / firefox 10.0.2 / windows 7:x64
When the widow pane width is narrowed, the selector names in the right window pane containing the stylesheet history become overwritten with the stylesheet file names in blue.This obsures the item's selector name. See attached screen capture.
Otherwise, my very grateful thanks for a really excellent plug-in which has helped me solve a number of problems that would have been difficult to find any other way!
Cheers, Steve A, Johannesburg South Africa
firebug_bug.jpg

Harutyun Amirjanyan

Feb 17, 2012, 7:26:19 AM2/17/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Hi Steve,

this is an old issue, http://code.google.com/p/fbug/issues/detail?id=3695
but we couldn't decide which way to fix it
please take a look at it

nyteshade

Feb 17, 2012, 2:22:06 PM2/17/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
This is great. I would love to see the syntax highlighting on the small console line as well however. I find myself using this much more than the other (even though I may not be the normal use case). Furthermore, I'd almost argue that it's more important on the single line than the multiline. With the multiline you already have space to make the code readable. On the bottom console line it's much harder (sometimes) to discern what is actually happening. I'd also like to see the contents scroll in the opposite direction (ala jsconsole.com). Thoughts?

Sebo

Feb 17, 2012, 2:31:11 PM2/17/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
I would love to see the syntax highlighting on the small console line as well however.
Good idea. Please create a new issue for that including a detailed description and a little test case.

I'd also like to see the contents scroll in the opposite direction (ala jsconsole.com). Thoughts?
Would that have any advantages? Personally I like it how it is now.

Sebastian

TheTester

Feb 20, 2012, 5:50:47 AM2/20/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
 Really strange thing happened. I have newest version of firebug on my home computer and there everything is fine, so I decided to also install it on my work computer. And when I did that, firebug's icon disappeared and I can invoke any shortcut (especially ctrl+shift+c). Add-ons tab shows Firebug. I even tried to upgrade FF to 11b3.
Any suggestions? (besides obvious like downgrade or start without other
add-ons of course ;))

Sebo

Feb 20, 2012, 6:39:09 AM2/20/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
I have newest version of firebug
I guess you mean 1.10a3 with "newest version", right?

And when I did that, firebug's icon disappeared and I can invoke any shortcut (especially ctrl+shift+c).
Are there any errors inside the Error Console (accessible via Ctrl+Shift+J)?

Any suggestions?
You might want to follow the steps at our wiki page and tell us the result.

Sebastian

TheTester

Feb 21, 2012, 3:02:51 AM2/21/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I meant 1.10a3.
No, there are no errors.
I've created new profile and there FireBug worked without any problem. Then I switched back to main profile and turned off all add-ons but it didn't help. Still no icon on bar and in "Customize" (if it is called this way in English version).

Sebo

Feb 24, 2012, 12:47:19 AM2/24/12
to fir...@googlegroups.com
Did you also try to reset the Firebug options on your normal profile? (point 2 on the wiki page)
Btw. which OS do you use?
If you just updated from 1.9.1 to 1.10.0a3, you can also try to uninstall and reinstall 1.10.0a3.

Sebastian